News Ryzen 7000 Non-X CPUs Drop Below MSRP in China

suryasans

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Another bad sign for AMD AM5 based Ryzen. AMD should release another AM4 Ryzen APU to replace Ryzen 5000 APU series to cater mid range market.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
More signs AM5 is not selling. Hardware sales rankings show 7000 series CPU are not selling.

The financial barrier to entry of having to upgrade memory and expensive motherboards, is way too high. Most people are too busy paying for overpriced groceries and energy bills.

Accenture just fired 19,000 employees. People are just skipping hardware upgrades. I give it a month or two before AMD and Nvidia announce firings.

Last edited:

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
I’m in the USA and the new am5 and Intel cpus are nice, but I don’t see enough performance increase to upgrade yet.

I can't even think of any game I would play if I was given a high-end PC for free. PC games have been awful lately.

I am having much more fun with 2D indie games than I had with the disastrous Forspoken game (thank God I tried the afwful demo first).

The hardware is too expensive, and the software isn't there. Awful combo for sales.

I can't even think of any game I would play if I was given a high-end PC for free. PC games have been awful lately.

I am having much more fun with 2D indie games than I had with the disastrous Forspoken game (thank God I tried the afwful demo first).

The hardware is too expensive, and the software isn't there. Awful combo for sales.

I decided to get a 6700xt to upgrade from a 5700xt. Would have loved to get a 6800xt but more than I wanted to spend. But you are correct that many newer games are just meh. Like some are ok but many newer games I don’t feel like I have to play. I wish they’d make a GI Joe game with good graphics and a good plot. Of course I was a kid in the 80s/90s when GI Joe was a huge franchise.

There’s one game I want to get called Wild West dynasty but that game is still in early access.

I will say that I have Xbox game pass and fired up battlefield 2042. Kind of liking cross play. First time playing and I was able to stay near the middle of the pack.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS