[SOLVED] ryzen 9 3900x on asus rog x570-f

Dec 19, 2020
hello guys i need help my cpu on idle runs 55-48C and in game 78C and one second question is the voltage right?1.304v (mobo asus rog x570-f)

Solution
i did clean install windows
and i didnt overclock
Ok.
I'm not seeing a problem with the thermals you've reported though. 50C idle isn't any more dangerous to the cpu than 80C load - not at all.
High idles are normal with Ryzen 3000 and later because they're constantly 'rushing to sleep state' on lighter loads - it's a power saving feature - and many coolers can't keep up with that unless you go balls to the wall on a big, beefy cooler.
Dec 19, 2020
Are you using the stock AMD Wraith cooler with your Ryzen, or another heatsink/cooler?
im using the stock coooler the problem is when i had aorus mobo with 3 fans front inside and 3 fans up for up tha can remove the temps and also one behind and it was like 40-38C sometimes also 35

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The 3900X is not sold with a Wraith cooler (only with other "lower" models) because it is insufficient for the pairing.

Are you attempting to overclock your CPU? If so, revert to stock settings until you replace the Wraith.

It sounds like you have good airflow, otherwise. What motherboard were you using previously?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
hello guys i need help my cpu on idle runs 55-48C and in game 78C and one second question is the voltage right?1.304v (mobo asus rog x570-f)
1)That's normal behavior for Ryzen 3000 and up.
2)The voltage doesn't sit there unless you manually set it to that.

im using the stock coooler the problem is when i had aorus mobo with 3 fans front inside and 3 fans up for up tha can remove the temps and also one behind and it was like 40-38C sometimes also 35
That's not unusual with swapping motherboards - different out of the box settings and the like.
I hope you reinstalled Windows after changing boards...

Dec 19, 2020
1)That's normal behavior for Ryzen 3000 and up.
2)The voltage doesn't sit there unless you manually set it to that.

That's not unusual with swapping motherboards - different out of the box settings and the like.
I hope you reinstalled Windows after changing boards...
and i didnt overclock

Dec 19, 2020
The 3900X is not sold with a Wraith cooler (only with other "lower" models) because it is insufficient for the pairing.

Are you attempting to overclock your CPU? If so, revert to stock settings until you replace the Wraith.

It sounds like you have good airflow, otherwise. What motherboard were you using previously?
aorus ultra gaming x470

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
and i didnt overclock
Ok.
I'm not seeing a problem with the thermals you've reported though. 50C idle isn't any more dangerous to the cpu than 80C load - not at all.
High idles are normal with Ryzen 3000 and later because they're constantly 'rushing to sleep state' on lighter loads - it's a power saving feature - and many coolers can't keep up with that unless you go balls to the wall on a big, beefy cooler.

Solution
Dec 19, 2020
Ok.
thank you i thought it was wrong my voltage or something was wrong