Question Ryzen 9 3900x on zalman zm700glx

Dec 9, 2019
Hello, I had an older system with an AMD FX8350 cpu, Asus M5A97 motherboard, RX 590 nitro, 16GB DDR3 ram, zalman ZM700 GLX psu

Decided to upgrade cpu, motherboard and ram. Got Ryzen 9 3900x, ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboard, GSKILL 32GB(2x16GB) TRIDENT Z NEO DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Unfortunately my system is not even powering up atm. When I plug only the 4pin power cable to cpu it seems to power up, at least the fans light up and spin.

Should I get a new PSU? Please help :(

Dec 9, 2019
The motherboard requires an 8 pin CPU power not 4.. The 4 pin next to the 8pin is usually supplementary power for overclocking and not needed in most cases.

Right when I plug in a pcie 8 pin cable, the motherboard leds light up but the fans and ets dont start. When I plug in just a 4 pin cable everything lights up and fans spin. When I plug both the 8 and 4 pin cables, once again nothing happens except dim lights on the motherboard

Dec 9, 2019
Ok plugged in the 4+4 power cable, the fans and lights are working on the cpu, the gpu sapphire logo lights up, but the rams are still not lighting up and the DRAM qled on the motherboard is lit up all yellow. No booting up or power yo the kboard and mouse either

I have tried switching RAM sticks yo every socket and pulled them apart entirely, still no change. Still the DRAM led on mobo

Is my motherboard fried? Or are my RAMs fried? Did my CPU die? Can anyone make a suggestion?

TRENDING THREADS