Question Ryzen 9 3900x running at 60-70 C idle temp with stock cooler. is it normal? or should i change my cooler :( plz help

mdpksnwew

Prominent
Sep 3, 2018
My ryzen 9 3900x is running at 60+ degrees C when just browsing the internet and it runs at 70-79 when i play games, is it normal? i am using my stock fan from amd. sorry, i never had a pc for a long time :( we just got the pc around 1st week of january. if there is a problem with my cooler are there any air coolers that can do a better job than the amd fan?

falcon291

Proper
Jul 17, 2019
My ryzen 9 3900x is running at 60+ degrees C when just browsing the internet and it runs at 70-79 when i play games, is it normal? i am using my stock fan from amd. sorry, i never had a pc for a long time :( we just got the pc around 1st week of january. if there is a problem with my cooler are there any air coolers that can do a better job than the amd fan?
Idle temperature 60+ degrees C? Yes there is definitely something wrong, if you are not working in a desert where ambient temperature is nearly 50 C. alext92 advice is probably right. Check the contact of your CPU with your cooler.

mdpksnwew

Prominent
Sep 3, 2018
Idle temperature 60+ degrees C? Yes there is definitely something wrong, if you are not working in a desert where ambient temperature is nearly 50 C. alext92 advice is probably right. Check the contact of your CPU with your cooler.
I live on a Tropical country, and i dont have air conditioning in my room. I already set the fan speed to 100% at 70 C. and it still averages 50-65C when idling and 69-75C when gaming with 86C max spike temp. it will take time for me to check my cpu contact with cooler since i am away from home :(

mdpksnwew

Prominent
Sep 3, 2018
Enough thermalpaste?

Why would someone buy such a highe end cpu and use stock cooler, that's so fail
i am figuring out if the amd stock fan can do the job or if i should change my cooler to a better one. are there cases of tower coolers being too heavy and eventually damage the cpu? we are planning to get a DH-15

falcon291

Proper
Jul 17, 2019
Does it need at least one intake fan? because there is an open part at the bottom with some kind of filter. We let the store build the computer because we don't know much about it. I think we have 3 exhausts as far as i can tell
3 exhaust fans? No at least one of the fans should inhale the air. In general the fans at the front should inhale the air, at the back should exhaust. You are creating a vacuum inside the case. And it might be reason of the problem. I know because I fried a HD because of fans' directions.

falcon291

Proper
Jul 17, 2019
i am figuring out if the amd stock fan can do the job or if i should change my cooler to a better one. are there cases of tower coolers being too heavy and eventually damage the cpu? we are planning to get a DH-15
Never heard a cooler damaging a CPU. And these coolers might seem heavy but they are not that heavy but just look bigger than stock coolers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY