[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 5900x Core Powers over 900W?

Oct 17, 2021
Hi, I'm having a some problems sometimes when I'm play games that the game crashes and can get an error like Device unplugged after the screen turns black and seems explorer restarts. I've added a snippet from HWiNFO64 of the CPU section of the info show max and min Watts, Volts and temp. I'm not sure if that amount of Watt is normal, and I've only got an 750W PSU so I understand why the screen turns black but don't know why the CPU cores draws this amount of Watt. the system is not overclocked and I've underclocked the boost curve in the BIOS.

HWiNFO64 Snippet

My setup is as follows:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
COOLING: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL OC
BOARD: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL, 2x16 GB, 3600MHz
PSU: Corsair RM750X V2 750W
SSD: Seagate FireCuda 520, 500GB M.2

Any help will be appreciated

Solution
Hi, I'm having a some problems sometimes when I'm play games that the game crashes and can get an error like Device unplugged after the screen turns black and seems explorer restarts. I've added a snippet from HWiNFO64 of the CPU section of the info show max and min Watts, Volts and temp. I'm not sure if that amount of Watt is normal, and I've only got an 750W PSU so I understand why the screen turns black but don't know why the CPU cores draws this amount of Watt. the system is not overclocked and I've underclocked the boost curve in the BIOS.

HWiNFO64 Snippet

My setup is as follows:
RAM: Corsair...
Oct 17, 2021
I've reinstalled my graphics drivers and ill have a go and see what happens. The 1070 is only powered by a single 8 pin connector so there's not more ways to connect it.

The PSU is powerful for this setup atm, minimum would be 500W if I'm not wrong. I might upgrade it when i go for a new GPU. Yes The MB is running the latest BIOS. It was the first thing I did after putting the parts together

HWiNFO64 Snippet

My setup is as follows:
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL, 2x16 GB, 3600MHz
PSU: Corsair RM750X V2 750W
SSD: Seagate FireCuda 520, 500GB M.2

Any help will be appreciated
Totally agree that those HWInfo readings are badly in error.

I'd go further than just re-installing GPU drivers with DDU. I'd start with checking BIOS rev level: update to the latest as there's been significant 'fixes' with later BIOS's you'll want to have. Follow that with a CMOS reset...do that even if you're already on the latest. Then un-install any utilities provided by the motherboard mfr. if you installed them. Then re-install AMD chipset drivers that you get only from AMD's support website.

NOW rerun the same test and check your CPU's core power levels.

Solution