[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 5900x high temps

SuCkDuBsTeP

Honorable
Sep 27, 2015
Hello,
Recently I got 5900x and temperatures are going almost 85celsius while gaming( x63 cooling ) at 1440p ultra settings with rx 6900xt and 64 ddr4 3600mhz ram, I am not getting fps drops at all in any game but I am afraid that these temperatures are high?
So I have set cpu temperature limit in bios to 75celsius and now my temperatures are not going above 75 Celsius, my question is will this have any affect on cpu or anything? Thank you!

Solution
Hello,
Recently I got 5900x and temperatures are going almost 85celsius while gaming( x63 cooling ) at 1440p ultra settings with rx 6900xt and 64 ddr4 3600mhz ram, I am not getting fps drops at all in any game but I am afraid that these temperatures are high?
So I have set cpu temperature limit in bios to 75celsius and now my temperatures are not going above 75 Celsius, my question is will this have any affect on cpu or anything? Thank you!
Nothing unusual about those CPU temperatures. Setting a platform thermal limit is a good way to control it but I'd have to say 75C is a bit low...I'd go more for an 85 to 90C limit, 80 the lowest. AMD tells us this...

SuCkDuBsTeP

Honorable
Sep 27, 2015
98°C wth. but in amd ryzen master it is showing that my cpu temp limit is 90, and when it goes around 85 Celsius I am getting orange colors, I am really sorry if I am mistaken in these temperatures, I am not very familiar with these

Hello,
Nothing unusual about those CPU temperatures. Setting a platform thermal limit is a good way to control it but I'd have to say 75C is a bit low...I'd go more for an 85 to 90C limit, 80 the lowest. AMD tells us this:

Solution
I had 85celisius while gaming without limit, in warzone 200fps 85celsius temp, so I am good at 85c while gaming?
I'd not be worried with it. Since it's only gaming it's probably only temp spikes during boosts anyway...look at the CPU Die average (you can see that using HWInfo64) temps over time to get a better idea of the thermal state of the processor.

It's during sustained, heavy all core work (like rendering) when the CPU actually heats up enough to put out a lot of heat.