mugaro

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Hello,

I'm using this for a setup:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Vision
AIO Cooler: Corsair H150I Elite CPLX

I notice my Idle and boot temps rise to just about 60C. In the past years with my previous PC builds I've stuck with Intel CPU's and my Idle temp/boot/low cpu usage never rises above 40.

Is this normal? Its sort of annoying because i'm not even barely using the PC and I hear my fans blow full speed from the AIOC. Just seems pretty weird to me that my previous intel CPU which ran super hot never did this on an AIOC.

Regards,
Scott

Solution
Certainly the temps will hit 60-70C as the clock speeds approach /sustain 4.5 GHz or above...

Temps during the first several minutes of bootup should be quite sporadic, as there are many startup app /file sync/anti virus, and WIndows and applications updates occurring...

You can induce a heavy load on all cores with CPU-z/bench/stress CPU, and observe temps for a few minutes. If you clock speeds are 4.5 GHz or above and temps no more than 75-80C, I'd say things appear normal for a 5900X, depending on your PBO settings.
Certainly the temps will hit 60-70C as the clock speeds approach /sustain 4.5 GHz or above...

Temps during the first several minutes of bootup should be quite sporadic, as there are many startup app /file sync/anti virus, and WIndows and applications updates occurring...

You can induce a heavy load on all cores with CPU-z/bench/stress CPU, and observe temps for a few minutes. If you clock speeds are 4.5 GHz or above and temps no more than 75-80C, I'd say things appear normal for a 5900X, depending on your PBO settings.

Reactions: alexbirdie
Solution