[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 5900x won't post

EllNubNub

Reputable
Dec 8, 2016
I have a system with an x470 master sli/ac motherboard which was working fine with the last processor I had installed, I upgraded to a ryzen 9 5900x and now the thing won't post and restarts every 10 to 15 seconds on its own. I looked around and tried different ram and tried dual and quad channels, trying a1a2 and b1b2 but nothing seems to help. I also cleared the cmos too. Please help! The website for the motherboard says it is compatible with the ryzen 9 5900x.

EllNubNub

Reputable
Dec 8, 2016
Is the BIOS version compatible with this cpu?
I did not check before installing but I remember there were no updates last I checked. If I temporally replace my old cpu will the thermal compound I used on the new one have to be replaced? I only have a little left and would have to use it on the old cpu right?

I did not check before installing but I remember there were no updates last I checked. If I temporally replace my old cpu will the thermal compound I used on the new one have to be replaced? I only have a little left and would have to use it on the old cpu right?
It’s probably recommended to put new paste on when installing the old cpu but if all you are doing is going into the BIOS I’m sure it will be ok. Just check the temperature when in the BIOS.

EllNubNub

Reputable
Dec 8, 2016
It’s probably recommended to put new paste on when installing the old cpu but if all you are doing is going into the BIOS I’m sure it will be ok. Just check the temperature when in the BIOS.
In the uefi update utility I used the internet flash option and it said my firmware is up to date, didn't install anything. Or atleast it did not look like it did.