Question Ryzen 9 5950X / Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Q Code 00 - dead CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droidfreak

Reputable
May 30, 2020
www.linkedin.com
Hi everyone,

I finally received all the parts, put everything together and... keep getting Q Code 00 from the very first second I power the system on. This is actually the only code I see and it doesn't change. No video signal as well.

Here's the complete build:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
CPU Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360
Mobo: ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
GPU: GTX 970 (maybe one day I'll get the 3080 I ordered 2 months ago)
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal (2x F4-4000C15D-16GTRG, 4 DIMMs total)
PSU: ROG Thor 850P
Case: ROG Strix Helios

What I tried: checking cabling (4 & 8 pin CPU PWR fine, ATX PWR as well), taking out the CPU for inspection - no bent or broken pins, no visible issues or damages whatsoever. Leaving just one DIMM and removing the other 3 also didn't help.
Why I don't think it is the mobo: case/RAM/mobo lightning works, all case fans are spinning, the AIO seems to be working fine as well. The OLED display on the PSU shows a power draw of just 48-50W, which further confirms my assumption that the CPU is not working at all.

Do you guys have any further ideas what might be wrong?

Hi everyone,

I finally received all the parts, put everything together and... keep getting Q Code 00 from the very first second I power the system on. This is actually the only code I see and it doesn't change. No video signal as well.

What I tried: checking cabling (4 & 8 pin CPU PWR fine, ATX PWR as well), taking out the CPU for inspection - no bent or broken pins, no visible issues or damages whatsoever. Leaving just one DIMM and removing the other 3 also didn't help.
Why I don't think it is the mobo: case/RAM/mobo lightning works, all case fans are spinning, the AIO seems to be working fine as well. The OLED display on the PSU shows a power draw of just 48-50W, which further confirms my assumption that the CPU is not working at all.

BIOS version ? Probably needs to be updated.

Feb 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.