[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 5950x Is it worth it?

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hey hey!

In my build, I have an intel i7 9700k which is really great, but after 2 years of use, I was thinking to give my build a new life by changing the CPU and motherboard.
Ram (64GB), GPU (RTX 2070), nvme (1TB), etc are really fine and I don't want to change them yet.
The overall upgrade I am planning to do is going to be around 1.000€ and it includes (new CPU RYZEN 9 5950X and a new Motherboard maybe Gigabyte B550 VISION D)

My question is... Is it worth it? Is it going to increase the speed significantly? I really don't have any issues with my current build, so the upgrade is meant to dramatically decrease rendering speeds (up to 50% off maybe?!)
I mainly use my pc for post-production and photography ( After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)

Thnx in advance ♥

Solution
Hey hey!

In my build, I have an intel i7 9700k which is really great, but after 2 years of use, I was thinking to give my build a new life by changing the CPU and motherboard.
Ram (64GB), GPU (RTX 2070), nvme (1TB), etc are really fine and I don't want to change them yet.
The overall upgrade I am planning to do is going to be around 1.000€ and it includes (new CPU RYZEN 9 5950X and a new Motherboard maybe Gigabyte B550 VISION D)

My question is... Is it worth it? Is it going to increase the speed significantly? I really don't have any issues with my current build, so the upgrade is meant to dramatically decrease rendering speeds (up to 50% off maybe?!)
I mainly use my pc for post-production and photography ( After...
Hey hey!

I mainly use my pc for post-production and photography ( After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)

Thnx in advance ♥
5950X: 16 cores/32 threads, 9700K: 8 cores/8 threads. Based on cores and thread counts alone the 5950X would provide a tremendous performance uplift in work station and creativity type applications even if they don't fully utilize them.

For more information check out some of the comparison/reviews. Not many will do a head-to-head of 5950 to 9700k since they aren't considered in the same class....

Here's a good one, skip through to the workstation reviews if gaming isn't important.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72AHENDeTEI

Solution
If your applications do well with more threads, it's darn hard to beat the 5950X's package of 16 cores/32 threads...!!

As to if it is worth it, if you'd prefer to spend appreciably less time waiting on CPU-bound applications , it might indeed be worth it to you....(if you are using GPU=assisted rendering, not as much difference afterward...)

TRENDING THREADS