Question Ryzen 9 7900X iGPU Performance in Running Photoshop

simoelq

Reputable
Mar 22, 2021
Hello, fellow Tom's Hardware community!

I currently own a Ryzen 9 7900X processor without a dedicated graphics card, but I'm planning to purchase one in the near future. I primarily use my Legion 5 laptop for work in Photoshop, and I'm curious about the performance of the integrated graphics (iGPU) in the Ryzen 9 7900X when it comes to running Photoshop, I'm asking this question because I have the parts, but still didn't build it to test it, waiting for the new gpu.

Since I don't have a dedicated graphics card yet, I would like to know if the iGPU of the Ryzen 9 7900X is capable of handling Photoshop tasks efficiently. How well does it perform in terms of rendering images, handling layers, and running filters? Will I experience any significant slowdowns or performance issues with this setup?

If anyone has experience or knowledge about the iGPU performance of the Ryzen 9 7900X when running Photoshop, I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice. Additionally, if there are any alternative solutions or recommendations you can provide for enhancing the Photoshop performance on my current setup, please feel free to share them.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
There are numerous articles on the Puget Systems web site detailing hardware performance and Adobe software.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/a...-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-performance-2016/

You can enable GPU Acceleration in Photoshop using an iGPU or an external plug-in PCIe GPU. Some of the more complex Photoshop plug-in filter effects require a fast GPU. NVidia tends to be the preferred option.

Premiere Pro benefits far more from a separate GPU than Photoshop, but if you batch process hundreds of large RAW files, you'll probably benefit from a discrete GPU.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/soluti...adobe-photoshop/hardware-recommendations/#gpu

Download the Puget Systems Photoshop benchmark and run it on all your computers.