News Ryzen 9 7950X Sets Overclocking Records With AIO Cooler

Sep 13, 2022
You seem to be shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, about the performance of the 7950X.

The only way you can be shocked is if in the previous three years you have been either too incompetent or too lazy to actually learn how to configure Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen CPUs.

You see, some of us - well me - actually put in the effort to find out how Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen works and then put out a guide about how to optimally configure ANY Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen CPU on ANY motherboard optimally within about five minutes - including the BIOS.

The thing is you geniuses, I predicted the performance of the 7950X MONTHS ago and to prove it, here is something I talked about to a friend of mine on Discord on the 13th of June 2022 (I had worked it out before that, but that is the first time I had written it).

If you want to dispute the veracity of my statement or the time I made it, I do have a screenshot that I cannot post here, but can easily make available to you.

So here is the evidence for my Svengali-like prescience or as I put it:

Using simple arithmetic and my experience with Ryzen I can tell you almost exactly what performance to expect from a 7950X (or whatever they choose to call their Zen4 16 Core/32 Thread CPU.

1. All core frequency between 5.15 and 5.2 GHz
  2. Optimal voltage around 1.05 Volts
  3. CineBench R23 performance around 39,500.
  4. Maximum temp with a good cooler around 75 degrees Celsius with an all core load on a warm day.

To point four, because I have had two spine operations and suffer from spinal arthritis, I have to keep the temperature of my room at 30 degrees Celsius - which is at least ten degrees Celsius higher than anyone else tests their CPUs at, so the 75 Degrees Celsius temp has to be considered with that in mind. Remember I am extrapolating from my experience with my 3600X, then 3950X and then 5950X in my own environment.

So what I can deduce from your being shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, with regard to the performance of the 7950X you have seen, is that:

a) You guys can't do simple arithmetic.
b) You guys haven't bothered your backsides in three years to find out anything about Ryzen CPUs.

My guide to configuring 3rd/4th Gen Ryzen CPUs on any motherboard has been public for a long time now. I originally published it on AMD's site and have refined it as my experience with different environments informed me, to the latest version that I published here:

You might want to just boot up some random Ryzen 3rd or 4th Gen system you have lying about, apply my guide, and see just how much performance you scrubs have been missing out on for over three years.

<Moderator edit for self promotion>

Last edited by a moderator:

The only way you can be shocked is if in the previous three years you have been either too incompetent or too lazy to actually learn how to configure Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen CPUs.

You see, some of us - well me - actually put in the effort to find out how Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen works and then put out a guide about how to optimally configure ANY Ryzen 3rd/4th Gen CPU on ANY motherboard optimally within about five minutes - including the BIOS.

The thing is you geniuses, I predicted the performance of the 7950X MONTHS ago and to prove it, here is something I talked about to a friend of mine on Discord on the 13th of June 2022 (I had worked it out before that, but that is the first time I had written it).

If you want to dispute the veracity of my statement or the time I made it, I do have a screenshot that I cannot post here, but can easily make available to you.

To point four, because I have had two spine operations and suffer from spinal arthritis, I have to keep the temperature of my room at 30 degrees Celsius - which is at least ten degrees Celsius higher than anyone else tests their CPUs at, so the 75 Degrees Celsius temp has to be considered with that in mind. Remember I am extrapolating from my experience with my 3600X, then 3950X and then 5950X in my own environment.

So what I can deduce from your being shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, with regard to the performance of the 7950X you have seen, is that:

b) You guys haven't bothered your backsides in three years to find out anything about Ryzen CPUs.

My guide to configuring 3rd/4th Gen Ryzen CPUs on any motherboard has been public for a long time now. I originally published it on AMD's site and have refined it as my experience with different environments informed me, to the latest version that I published here:

Definitive Guide to Configuring 3rd/4th Gen Ryzen CPUs on any Ryzen Motherboard

You might want to just boot up some random Ryzen 3rd or 4th Gen system you have lying about, apply my guide, and see just how much performance you scrubs have been missing out on for over three years.

Cool story, bro!

Nothing in this article gave the impression of the author being "shocked", its just a report of clock speeds and benchmark results. No analysis.
Additionally, if you would like to post images please upload them to imgur and post the link, thats typically the best way with our forum software.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Sep 13, 2022
Nothing in this article gave the impression of the author being "shocked", its just a report of clock speeds and benchmark results. No analysis.
Additionally, if you would like to post images please upload them to imgur and post the link, thats typically the best way with our forum software.

I take it you didn't look at the title of the article which was:

Ryzen 9 7950X Sets Overclocking Records With AIO Cooler

Sep 13, 2022
Cool story, bro!
Yeah, unfortunately the link to my guide was deleted because of "Self Promotion".

So that was a big Eff-You to anyone wanting to actually get something for literally nothing.

BTW if you run your 3rd/4th Gen Ryzen at stock then you will degrade it significantly within a few months.

I have posted the results of my findings on the AMD Red Team forum with regard to that, but again I cannot post a link here because that too would be "Self Promotion".

Sep 13, 2022

Speaking to you as a moderator, I spent eight months seven days a week, many hours a day finding out how to configure first 3rd Gen and by extension 4th Gen Ryzen.

My guide has NO links to PayPal, Patrion, or any other "Gimme your effing money" sites. So I don't see how my linking it has any connection to any kind of "Self Promotion".

I linked to my guide here out of a sense of sharing and not pernicious panhandling.

I am an old school techie, my first overclock was an 8088 from 4.77 MHz to 6 MHz and I remember the people that invested time in me to teach me how to do it all without not just not asking for any penny, but that they would have felt insulted if I had offered them money.

I am 63 now and I cannot pay those guys back, but I can pay it forward.

By deleting the link to my guide it is YOU who have succumbed to the rot which is monetization, not I.

Last edited: