Ryzen APU Bios

Feb 27, 2018
So I am building a budget PC build with the new Ryzen 3 2200G because I'm on such a strict budget. Since motherboards with the new chip and bios haven't been manufactured, I have to manually update the bios on my motherboard to the newer version. This requires a different processor and graphics card (or another APU). So I tried to find the cheapest APU that would work with my budget and my other components. I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me if this will work.
This is the apu I am wanting to use to update the bios
https://www.frys.com/product/9267239?source=google&gclid=CjwKCAiAoNTUBRBUEiwAWje2ljxDmEjN-MLzijJ7RuSy9TcNIu866Zt5K4kGNQsMXwnvs9_dvv5cPhoCYSoQAvD_BwE

Here are my other components:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M2B3000C15)

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

ROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case, Black Steel and plastic computer case with 1x 120mm front fan and 1x 80mm rear fan, Front I/O and 2x USB 3.0 with transparent side panel ( FBM-X1)

Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Continuous Power ATX 12V V2.3/EPS 12V Active PFC Power Supply PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W

WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 CFX micro-ATX Motherboard (B350M GAMING PRO)

Solution
You might want to look into AMD's 'boot kit' offer before you buy anything. Otherwise, yes that's an AM4 APU and will allow you to update the bios. You could also contact whoever you will be buying the motherboard from, if you haven't already bought it, and ask them if it already has the necessary bios.
You might want to look into AMD's 'boot kit' offer before you buy anything. Otherwise, yes that's an AM4 APU and will allow you to update the bios. You could also contact whoever you will be buying the motherboard from, if you haven't already bought it, and ask them if it already has the necessary bios.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS