[SOLVED] Ryzen balanced or ryzen high performance power plan for r5 3600?

Guy Guyman

Honorable
Jun 3, 2015
is there any benefit to using high performance ryzen power plan in windows 10 settings? I looked into it and everyone seems to say just use balanced since it offers very little gain for the power draw if none at all.

Solution
For gaming and if you do any video/streaming work, coding, that would be the best reason to do that.
I keep my core i5 9400F in performance all the time and I make sure to let windows 10 defrag and fix up whatever errors it wants late at night.
Be sure to close out any tabs in any browswers and keep apps closed as necessary.
So I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.
For gaming and if you do any video/streaming work, coding, that would be the best reason to do that.
I keep my core i5 9400F in performance all the time and I make sure to let windows 10 defrag and fix up whatever errors it wants late at night.
Be sure to close out any tabs in any browswers and keep apps closed as necessary.
So I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

I just leave mine on Ryzen Balanced and forget about it. The high performance one does just about nothing.

To ensure best performance on a Ryzen system, keep your BIOS, AMD chipset drivers and Windows itself updated, and enable CPPC & CPPC Preferred Cores in the BIOS.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Balanced then? Very well. Thanks!
All power Plans. even Ryzen ones can be modified and switched between them easily.
My high performance plan is modified so it never sleeps anything with CPU states at 5%/100%, that way CPU drops at idle to under 2000MHz @1.v and very low temps and sound. Still boost to top boost when needed.
Power saving plan I set to CPU state to 5%/50% limiting CPU to about 2200MHz max, more than enough for browsing etc. Disk sleep time etc can also be adjusted as you wish but they will wake up at any access and have to go thru all processes as when starting computer which can introduce delay in accessing files. SSDs don't need that.