Question Ryzen build keeps freezing

liamwalby

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
I am in the process of building another Pc, I have enough parts to get the system up and running specs being:

Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming
Corsair vengence 2666Mhz
Gtx 1070Ti FTW2
Gigabyte NVMe 256Gb SSD
EVGA 650w GQ

The system starts up fine, installed windows just fine but i keep getting Bluescreen with the error "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout" and if its not the BSOD my PC just completely locks up when I start doing anything, Like Updating windows, Installing drivers, browsing internet etc..

I have done another fresh install of windows to see if that fixes it
I have done the usual test with my ram... Take 1 out test with the other then swap and it seems to do it on both

I have taken off the XMP profile for 2666Mhz and allowed my bios to set it at 2133Mhz (default apparently)

I have updated bios to the latest version but everything i have tried doesnt seem to fix the issues, So if anyone has any knowledge of what is going wrong or to just shed some light on what might be the pronlem i will be greatful

Colif

Win 11 Master
Clock_Watchdog_Timeout is an error called by CPU. May not caused by it though.

Try running Prime95 on the CPU - https://www.mersenne.org/download/

try another test: Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Is this on WIn 10? If so, Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read