Build Advice Ryzen build using Ebay

Midawnity

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
I'm trying to use ebay to save some money
I don't mind using used parts but my local area sucks for any computer parts or is charging unreasonable prices. that why im using ebay.
I'm just trying to see if anyone has any recomendations or ideas for this build,
I'm trying to make use of the payment plan using paypal credit so it has to be atleast $600
It's going to be 2 year payment plan and im trying to spend $25-$35 A month on it
This what I have built so far and price will flex because its ever changing market place.
But im excited to a hear any one suggestions or opinions on this matter.

These are the parts and prices and currently i only have to do 35.10 a month basicaly anything under 40 a month is golden but cheaper is better.

View: https://imgur.com/a/aj3zFws
part 1
View: https://imgur.com/a/bzsZPTZ
part 2

Hmmmm. I'd never advise to do what your doing by buying second hand on ebay, but given you have looked into it in good detail, here's my opinion on the build.

Most of those parts are excellent, and for the most part the system will be a great gamer at 1080/1440p high settings with a nice gaming experience.

However, with that said, I'd suggest a change in mobo firstly. The Asus B350 is a great mobo. I have one and I love it. Its OC's great, and I have had zero issues with it. BUT, for a second gen Ryzen, and that you have gone for the Gskill 3000mhz ram, i'd suggest swapping the Asus mobo for a B450 version. It will have better memory support, and allow the Ryzen 2600 to use PB2 and Turbo to it's full.

Also, the 1070ti us a great GPU, but if you can get an RTX2060 instead, that would be better.

Midawnity

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Hmmmm. I'd never advise to do what your doing by buying second hand on ebay, but given you have looked into it in good detail, here's my opinion on the build.

Most of those parts are excellent, and for the most part the system will be a great gamer at 1080/1440p high settings with a nice gaming experience.

However, with that said, I'd suggest a change in mobo firstly. The Asus B350 is a great mobo. I have one and I love it. Its OC's great, and I have had zero issues with it. BUT, for a second gen Ryzen, and that you have gone for the Gskill 3000mhz ram, i'd suggest swapping the Asus mobo for a B450 version. It will have better memory support, and allow the Ryzen 2600 to use PB2 and Turbo to it's full.

Also, the 1070ti us a great GPU, but if you can get an RTX2060 instead, that would be better.

Awesome thanks for the advice for the MOBO, I did upgraded to a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F.
I don't plan on doing any OCing to this build, as it's for my girlfriend and I do not have any experience in OCing and, rather not do any damage attempting it.
I'm still unsure how I feel about pushing for 1070TI I check into specific this 1070TI SC Evga I saw for $280 bc that puts my about 60cents under $40 with the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F.
Ichecked out the 2060 and think I'd perfer 1070TI SC instead of the 2060 due to the fact the fps is only about a 10 frame difference more or less
although, the point of this build is to last and hold under the test of time so maybe? I'll have to do some more research and their always price fluxes so that can also change But, I appericate the input greatly!

No problem. You're welcome :)

Swapping the 1070ti for a 2060 is defo a better option. The RTX2060 is the better GPU, plus it has RTX goodness (ray tracing/DLSS). By getting the 2060, you are at least allowing for that functionality, and it will last you as long if not longer than a 1070ti. If the price is close, and it should be, i'd take the RTX2060 every time.

Good luck with your build. If one of the answers has helped you, please select as best answer to close the thread. If you have any questions after that, feel free to PM me :)

Happy gaming:)