Question Ryzen Chipset Drivers

ragingclownz

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Just switched to ryzen from intel. Everytime I try to download the latest chipset drivers and restart the computer it gets put into an infinite boot loop. What can I do?

You can't. But what you CAN do is back up anything important to another drive or cloud storage, and then do a clean install on the SSD, then move back any important files. Honestly, anything that is important that you can't stand to lose should not ever be stored on the same drive as the OS to begin with. Settings, favorites/bookmarks, documents and personal files should all be backed up someplace other than the OS drive because they are vulnerable there. And, you should ALWAYS have a copy of those important files in at LEAST two locations, so that if one fails it isn't lost. It's not a matter of IF a storage device will fail, because they ALL fail and it's usually without any warning, it's when. And when, is usually when it's not expected or convenient. Keep backups at all times. Backup things weekly or even more frequently, so that you don't have to cry buckets of tears later and moan about how did this happen. LOL.

If you have to worry about what you might lose by doing a clean install, because you have important things on there that are not backed up someplace else, then you already have bigger problems than just getting the latest chipset drivers to install and I'd worry about that first, chipset drivers second.