Ryzen Compatible with cmk16gx4m2a2400c14 Corsair mem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjblanche

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
I've seen one or two builds online using this corsair 16gb kit (8x2 at 2400mhz cmk16gx4m2a2400c14). My brother was going to use this on an intel build a few months back and changed direction. New in package, so figured I'd try it. Won't be doing the build for probably a few months however wanted to see if this would function, or if I should simply sell and buy new ram when the time comes.

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but I came across it so others will (And have) too. I wanted to insert a caveat that is counter to ThatVietGuy's statement that there is no reason it shouldn't work, which most probably was made prior to the fact that Ryzen is extremely fickle about what memory kits it wants to play nice with became as widely known as it is now.

The fact is, there are several reasons why that memory kit might not have worked with any given build, not least of which is the fact that it may absolutely not be compatible with some motherboards or with Ryzen platforms in general. We now know (3 years later) that a LOT of the Corsair Vengeance LPX kits are barely, if at all, tolerated by many Ryzen configurations. First Gen Ryzen platforms, like this one was, would have been the worst of them and especially if the build was attempted prior to the MANY BIOS updates that were eventually released in an effort to correct the widespread compatibility issues that existed with a lot of memory products.

So, motherboard model, CPU model, WHICH LPX kit is involved, whether it was a kit that was intended for use on Intel platforms and has timings favorable to those builds or not and at what point during the slew of BIOS releases it was attempted, might all have played a role then and for anybody coming along now, in 2020, it might STILL play a role in a lot of cases. In EVERY case, you are wisest to buy memory that is either listed as compatible for that motherboard on the memory manufacturers validation lists or on the motherboard QVL list, whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS