Ryzen CPU overclock

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015
Sup, I oc-ed mine R3 1200 to 3.7GHz at 1.25V (set in bios) on ASRock AB350M-HDV. I started stress testing with Aida64 and RealBench and everything was fine. After that I started a Prime95 test (small fft's) my vcore started to raise to 1.28V and go back to 1.263V *which i guess is normal* but the strange thing is that some of the cores went to 3794MHz *even I set the multiplier to 37 at bios*. Is that normal cuz I didnt saw things like that before when I was at 1.275V (I dropped the voltage to 1.25 my lowest stable)

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/wMR46pH

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

Didnt touched anything else than set the oc to manual put a 1.25V and x37 multiplier. When It was with higher Vcore there was nothing like that ? Is there any chance that the turbo boost activated when I lowered the vcore *like it got a headroom to work or idk*

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

There is no way to check the current voltage in the UEFI, I can only set timings and change 1.2V and 1.8V checked every single tab and etc. I am pretty sure that the ram is not running at 1.9v. What do you think about the cpu oc should it downclocks/boost like this after being manual oc'ed

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That higher voltage is likely an input voltage to the regulators that actually produce 1.2 volts.

12V from the PSU to the motherboard VRM to step down to 1.8v then to memory controller, which steps it down on demand to what the memory needs based on workload and settings.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you might try to lower your overclock to a more stable system also on ram tab voltage since it it on auto for the 1.8 volts check if you could put it manual and not going over the voltages your ram could support after apply changes and restart .

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

As I thought that is false reading/name in HWMonitor :D My question was is it ok that the cpu downclock and boosts under/over the freq i set in bios ?

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

You mean AMD Cool'n'Quiet right :D Yea its on but why It was not downclocking/boosting before when the vcore was actually set in uefi to 1.275

BogomilBG

Reputable
May 28, 2015

Ok, ok. I guess that downclocking and boosting after oc is just a normal thing with ryzen cpu's, and everything is safe (correct me if I am wrong) Thanks for the answers from everyone.