Question Ryzen CPU upgrade possible?

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
So i want to upgrade my ryzen 5 3600 to ryzen 7 5800x3d and I wanna make sure everything will work if I only upgrade the CPU.

my specs:
CPU:Ryzen 5 3600
GPU:RTX 3060TI
RAM: Kingston 16GB HyperX FURY 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (HX432C16FB3K2/16)
MOBO:ASUS PRIME B450M-K
SSD:Crucial MX 500GB
PSU: BitFenix PSU Whisper M 80 Plus Gold 650W

The thing I'am worried about is RAM mostly...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I don't see anything that would prevent an upgrade, though make sure you're on the newest version of the BIOS before any installation.

3600 is generally considered the "sweet spot" for RAM with newer Ryzens, but 3200 isn't a problem, either from a performance or a compatibility standpoint. Early Ryzens could be a little temperamental with RAM, but that's been less of a problem over time.

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
I don't see anything that would prevent an upgrade, though make sure you're on the newest version of the BIOS before any installation.

3600 is generally considered the "sweet spot" for RAM with newer Ryzens, but 3200 isn't a problem, either from a performance or a compatibility standpoint. Early Ryzens could be a little temperamental with RAM, but that's been less of a problem over time.
Thanks for the reply, yeah what I was thinking to buy the cpu run it test it and if needed buy 32gb faster RAM, also thanks for the bios update reminder :)