[SOLVED] Ryzen doesn't play well with Nvidia GPU's? Is that true?

You can use AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. I ran a GTX1050 and Ryzen 3 1200 for a while, no issues.

In fact, when Nvidia designs a new product, it gets sent to AMD for validation that it will work properly together with Ryzen, well before the new product ever gets released.

saulsilver82

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
No. Sounds like someone with no real knowledge of pc building is telling you a load of rubbish.
Yeah i think so. Because the dude I asked kept on insisting to get an i5 8600k(?) with the packaged motherboard. But I kept telling him that i'm strapped for cash to get that. Probably trying to sell hahaha

Yeah i think so. Because the dude I asked kept on insisting to get an i5 8600k(?) with the packaged motherboard. But I kept telling him that i'm strapped for cash to get that. Probably trying to sell hahaha

I hate vendor that just want to sell anything to you without knowing what he is talking about. Do not listen to that person :) lol

saulsilver82

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
I wouldn’t pick an i5 compared to a Ryzen 3600. Sounds like he is trying to shift the stuff he cannot sell.
Yeah I sensed that. He was trying so hard to sell that when I told him I was canvassing and checking out stuff. Kept on insisting that the Intel x Nvidia is the best option I can possibly build.

Unfortunately most vendors in big surface doesn't know anything. The best buy here hires 16 years old to sell their stuff. This is why I prefer the small local store here. They are small but at least the people in it knows about the product they sell.