[SOLVED] Ryzen DRAM Calculator "Not Supported"

Full system specs are visible in the screenshot. CPU is overclocked with CTR.

I want to get the best performance out of my system. I am looking to overclock my ram.

Really, I want to see how low CAS latency I can get at 3800mhz since I want my ram in 1:1 mode and my fclock tops out at 1900mhz

I am trying to use Ryzen DRAM Calculator to do this, however, I am unable to get it to work. I believe I have entered all of the values correctly, however, when I try to calculate any of the values I get the error "not supported."

Any clue why?

View: https://imgur.com/Xu3U8aP

Solution
Since those values didn't get automatically filled:
You need to import the .html file from Thiaphoon Burner to fill them in the timings on the lower left side.
They are all 0 which won't work.
In Thaiphoon Burner after Reading your RAM click on the Report Button.
Then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on show delay in nanoseconds.
Then click on the Export Button and choose complete HTML report.

Then in the Calculator click on the Import XMP Button and choose the .html file you just created with Thaiphoon Burner.

Or
You can try using older versions of the Ryzen Calculator and see if they can read those timings properly and auto fill the values.

Ralston18

Titan
"Not supported".....

Some value or values that you are entering into the calculator are not acceptable within the algorithm being used.

The calculator may not be checking anything until all values are entered.

And the resulting computations, comparisons, etc. reveal a mix of values that will not work and thus the intended DRAM OC configuration is "not supported".

I suppose "will not work" could have been used instead of "not supported" or some other more meaningful wording or phrase.

Try a different set of values even if they do not meet your full requirements.

Get a "supported" response and test those configuration settings.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to change anything else that results in being able in type some value into those fields?

What I do not know are the conditionals that control those fields. In other words the logic being used to check user inputs.

For example with respect to some hypothetical calculator for shipping costs....

If I type in the name (or abbreviation) for a state and a zip code the software may or may not verify that the zip code is in that state. The software may validate the state via some list and the software may validate the zip code from some other list.

But not the two together.

State exists, Zip Code exists.

Key is that the Zip Code exists in the applicable state.

So what other field controls CAS latencies?

What happens to prevent you from entering a value? Is the input box "greyed out"? An error message or code?

So if you enter a latency that is not applicable for some reason or is not applicable because of some other input value then the software may respond with "not supported".

All I can suggest at this time is that you contact Ryzen, provide the values you entered, and ask Ryzen why some fields were blocked and/or your values resulted in "not supported".

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Since those values didn't get automatically filled:
You need to import the .html file from Thiaphoon Burner to fill them in the timings on the lower left side.
They are all 0 which won't work.
In Thaiphoon Burner after Reading your RAM click on the Report Button.
Then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on show delay in nanoseconds.
Then click on the Export Button and choose complete HTML report.

Then in the Calculator click on the Import XMP Button and choose the .html file you just created with Thaiphoon Burner.

Or
You can try using older versions of the Ryzen Calculator and see if they can read those timings properly and auto fill the values.

Last edited:
Solution

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
I just gave it a try with what you showed for cpu and memory type and it looks like Dram Calculator doesn't allow you to choose a frequency above 3533 for Hynix AFR memory. AFR is not the highest clockable Hynix memory. I think you'd need CJR/DJR to get up to 3800.