[SOLVED] Ryzen idle temp stuck

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
Ryzen 5 3600x stock settings
Gigabyte A320m sh-2 latest bios

Here are the symptoms:

I start pc -> idle temp is 45c -> I watch video or workload and it hits 65c+ -> I exit all workloads but it's temp won't go down.
Once it hits 65c+ it doesn't go back down even on idle.
I went to power plan and changed processor power rate down to 5% but still stuck.

Everything else, cores clocks, temps, fans games are all fine.
Helps!!

View: https://imgur.com/a/B6SEnjw

Solution
UPDATE
changing fancurve to 100% didn't solve anything
but I have found even more weird behavior to current symptom.
when the temp is stuck at 65c at idle. It's temp goes down when I open task manager...
?? what is this behavior...any ideas?

View: https://imgur.com/a/JttQ1co
Seems like the software is having issues then? I think it's a purely software related issue, not cooling. maybe a crypto currency mining virus? Could just aim for a certain temperature so that you don't notice your CPU cooler freaking out and it just simply closes whenever task manager opens to hide itself? Quite unlikely, but would be something to take a look at if nothing else works.

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
Ryzen 5 3600x stock settings
Gigabyte A320m sh-2 latest bios

Here are the symptoms:

I start pc -> idle temp is 45c -> I watch video or workload and it hits 65c+ -> I exit all workloads but it's temp won't go down.
Once it hits 65c+ it doesn't go back down even on idle.
I went to power plan and changed processor power rate down to 5% but still stuck.

Everything else, cores clocks, temps, fans games are all fine.
Helps!!

View: https://imgur.com/a/B6SEnjw
Well ofc u should let us know your cooling. Case, case fans and CPU fans are all vital here. If your using stock cooler, then it could easily just be that your cooling solution can't bring temps down and just happens to perfectly maintain temps. Try adjusting fan curves to be a bit higher and see if temps start to lower.

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
Well ofc u should let us know your cooling. Case, case fans and CPU fans are all vital here. If your using stock cooler, then it could easily just be that your cooling solution can't bring temps down and just happens to perfectly maintain temps. Try adjusting fan curves to be a bit higher and see if temps start to lower.

TY for fast reply and I will see which case and fans I have. I am using Ryzen stock cooler but thing is
when I do cinnebench test and it worksload up to 77c and no higher, after the test it comes down to the temp as shown in picture and it stays there. 77c-> 65c. Its a weird symptom.

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
Maybe the fan curves are near zero at 65 and lower? That would make sense. Just try adjusting fan curves higher and see the results. Won't lose anything from doing that. Can't damage any components by cooling them too well(well except for SSD nand cells, but you aren't dipping it to below 20C).

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
UPDATE
changing fancurve to 100% didn't solve anything
but I have found even more weird behavior to current symptom.
when the temp is stuck at 65c at idle. It's temp goes down when I open task manager...
?? what is this behavior...any ideas?

View: https://imgur.com/a/JttQ1co
Seems like the software is having issues then? I think it's a purely software related issue, not cooling. maybe a crypto currency mining virus? Could just aim for a certain temperature so that you don't notice your CPU cooler freaking out and it just simply closes whenever task manager opens to hide itself? Quite unlikely, but would be something to take a look at if nothing else works.

Reactions: teekay819
Solution

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016

TY it was a Malware.