[SOLVED] RAM questions concerning Asus gaming laptop with Ryzen CPU ?

ShowbizAtol933

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Hello everyone,
I bought the Asus Strix G15 Gaming laptop with the Ryzen 5900hx processor. From what I am reading online the ram that Asus shipped with the laptop from the factory is terrible due to very loose sub-timings. I'm looking for a faster kit of ram and realized that because I have a Ryzen laptop any ram that needs to run at XMP settings won't run at its rated settings. Since Ryzen laptops don't have XMP there is no way to enable these XMP ram sticks to hit their full capacity.

When looking at Newegg I found this kit of ram https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-260-pin-ddr4-so-dimm/p/N82E16820232632 and seeing that it is rated to run at 3200C16 at 1.2V compared to some other known ones that don't work like the Crucial Ballistix 3200C16 that requires 1.35V to run. Would this ram run at its rated 3200C16 in a Ryzen laptop that doesn't have XMP 1.35V? If this kit wouldn't work could somebody please help me find a good fast kit of ram that they know would work in a Ryzen laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!