[SOLVED] Ryzen market CPU cooler?

damians

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
I see people recommending the Ryzen CPU's and then recommending a separate CPU cooler?
Is this because the cooler that comes with the Ryzen range are not very good?

Solution
I see people recommending the Ryzen CPU's and then recommending a separate CPU cooler?
For the most part it will keep CPU temperatures in safe ranges. But most people have their own idea of what a 'safe range' is so they think it needs to be better. They also like 'whisper quiet' and to be sure there are quieter on the market.

But then too, Ryzen does like lower temperature as the boosting algorithm maintains higher boost clocks if it sees them. So while stock may be able to provide safe temperatures running a big aftermarket one might give you a bit more performance and be a bit quieter at the same time.

Spec13

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Hi mate,

A lot of people heavily overclock the Ryzen CPU series, hence the recommendations for aftermarket cooling solution. If you don’t overclock, save your money and invest it elsewhere.

Reactions: CountMike
For the most part it will keep CPU temperatures in safe ranges. But most people have their own idea of what a 'safe range' is so they think it needs to be better. They also like 'whisper quiet' and to be sure there are quieter on the market.

But then too, Ryzen does like lower temperature as the boosting algorithm maintains higher boost clocks if it sees them. So while stock may be able to provide safe temperatures running a big aftermarket one might give you a bit more performance and be a bit quieter at the same time.

Solution