Question Ryzen Master not working on Windows 11

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
specs are
Ryzen 7 2700 wt Wraith RGB cooler
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI //
DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 wt/ 5x CORSAIR iCUE SP140 RGB PRO + CORSAIR iCUE SP120 RGB PRO
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X RGB 8GB @ 1800Mhz
XPG GAMMIX D10 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
CORSAIR AX850 PSU
WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD // HP S700 Pro 2.5" 512GB SATA III SSD // SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB Internal HDD

Issue is this, I had issues with my pc and have now resolved those issues, I have completed a fresh reinstall of window 11, all seems to be working. When I attempt to install Ryzen Master, it does go through the process, leaves a shortcut on desktop etc. however when I attempt to run the program, I receive an error stating " Ryzen Master unable to initialize, kindly reinstall the program, hence aborting! I have tried the trouble shooting steps indicated online with changing the Registry values and making sure that there were no other installs listed in registry, none of that was successful, I have updated the chipset to the newest available from AMD, still I cannot load Ryzen Master. cleared CMOS etc (Same error each time) Pretty much went through all the troubleshooting available through Google regarding the error. nothing has worked I did have it working before, however when looking at the new version's minimum requirements i notice it states it only supports "3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors on an AMD X570 motherboard. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or newer). This version can be installed on top of an existing version of Ryzen™ Master, but it is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing 2.9.0.2093." which I suppose is why I cannot get it working, I am a tad confused though on when this was changed and why was it working before? I do believe previously when first installed I was running windows 10, then updated to windows 11, this time I did a full clean install of windows 11, is this why it no longer works? Should I have installed windows 10, then whatever apps I wanted, then updated to windows 11? It seems no matter what I attempt I cannot get the software to load. Has any one else had this issue and was able to resolve it? any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
all drivers are up to date, it's a fresh install of windows 11, I have the latest Chipset from AMD for the B450 board, Your CPU is over Gen 3 so it may work fine for your machine? Did you do a fresh install of windows 11 or update from windows 10? as I mentioned when it was working, I believe I originally installed it on windows 10, then updated to windows 11, this time I did not do that I just installed windows 11. I wonder if AMD simply changed the software to no longer work with the 2000 series CPUs on B450 boards? as the Min specs AMD list does state "3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors on an AMD X570 motherboard. " They also mention you should install older version prior to update to the newest however they provide no links to any older versions, so I don't know why they even mention to do that if they do not provide the older software to download. I also do not use it really for anything, I was just really more curious on why it no longer works, at least for my system.