Question Ryzen Master OC Safe?

Jan 7, 2020
So I just got a 3700x and it was overheating, so I downloaded Ryzen master to investigate. It was set to auto so I made a new profile that was 4.2Ghz with the default voltage, 1.099v. It just worked and I checked the temps and they were under 65C with the Corsair Hydro H100i Pro, where before on the auto settings, I was hitting high 70s. Is this safe and whatnot and did I get lucky with this? It seems like it because I got good clocks at low volts at low temps... seems good. One last thing, the wattage readout said 75W and the TDP of this chip is 95, should I be concerned?
bzbewKY.png

Jul 19, 2018
So I just got a 3700x and it was overheating, so I downloaded Ryzen master to investigate. It was set to auto so I made a new profile that was 4.2Ghz with the default voltage, 1.099v. It just worked and I checked the temps and they were under 65C with the Corsair Hydro H100i Pro, where before on the auto settings, I was hitting high 70s. Is this safe and whatnot and did I get lucky with this? It seems like it because I got good clocks at low volts at low temps... seems good. One last thing, the wattage readout said 75W and the TDP of this chip is 95, should I be concerned?
bzbewKY.png

Your temps are fine, my 3900x @4.3GHz hangs around 70-75C under load. As long as you don’t go above 80C you’ll be fine. Above 80C, you should start worrying. If it hits 90C, something is really really wrong

Also, with the TDP, it is the maximum amount of power the CPU can use. Don’t worry about it

If you want to lower the temperature lower, set your pump settings in ICUE to Extreme Profile.

But for overclocking, my preference is to do it through the BIOS

As far as just works, what program/tests are you using to stress test the cpu?

As said above manually setting the clocks in bios is best, but preliminary runs in ryzen aren't bad. Just to get a solid start on things. See what ryzen master does, then mimic those things in bios. Then run your thermal compliance testing, and then stress testing for actual stability.

Also like said above if your pumps not already set to extreme performance I'd definitely do that also.

Jan 7, 2020
Your temps are fine, my 3900x @4.3GHz hangs around 70-75C under load. As long as you don’t go above 80C you’ll be fine. Above 80C, you should start worrying. If it hits 90C, something is really really wrong

Also, with the TDP, it is the maximum amount of power the CPU can use. Don’t worry about it

If you want to lower the temperature lower, set your pump settings in ICUE to Extreme Profile.

But for overclocking, my preference is to do it through the BIOS
Ok thank you. I wasn't actually planning to overclock, but it just turned out that I did. My pump and fans are all set to extreme already.

So it's ok for me to keep using it like this? All of the values on the readout look low, that's not a cause for concern?

Ok thank you. I wasn't actually planning to overclock, but it just turned out that I did. My pump and fans are all set to extreme already.

So it's ok for me to keep using it like this? All of the values on the readout look low, that's not a cause for concern?
It's ok to keep using it like it is, if it proves to be stable. You need to test for thermal compliance and stability.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/ look in here for how to do it. Just because it runs, or passes a cinebench run does not mean it's actually stable. But you have a start!

Jan 7, 2020
As far as just works, what program/tests are you using to stress test the cpu?

As said above manually setting the clocks in bios is best, but preliminary runs in ryzen aren't bad. Just to get a solid start on things. See what ryzen master does, then mimic those things in bios. Then run your thermal compliance testing, and then stress testing for actual stability.

Also like said above if your pumps not already set to extreme performance I'd definitely do that also.
I was using Prime95 and Cinebench R15. Ok, so if my system is stable at 4.2Ghz @ 1.099v in Ryzen Master, then I go ahead and find those settings in the BIOS, set them there, then uninstall Ryzen Master? Then test again to make sure it's the same? And this won't damage my CPU, just making sure?

And yes, my profile is set to extreme.

Set then in bios and do your testing yes. Dont uninstall ryzen master as it's the most accurate tool for temperature measurements for ryzen cpus, just turn off any oc settings in there. While bios is best, if ryzen master is working for you, keeping voltage and temp low, and you dont feel comfortable messing with bios, it's probably safe to use as is.

Jan 7, 2020
Set then in bios and do your testing yes. Dont uninstall ryzen master as it's the most accurate tool for temperature measurements for ryzen cpus, just turn off any oc settings in there. While bios is best, if ryzen master is working for you, keeping voltage and temp low, and you dont feel comfortable messing with bios, it's probably safe to use as is.
Ok, thank you very much!