Question Ryzen master

Tastypoptart

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
I changed my ram speed to 6000mhz on accident in ryzen master and killed my ram if i put new ram in will it kill that too?

RM can affect BIOS, whatever changes like OC yo do on it, it will also write it to CMOS but not in BIOS itself, that's why it asks to restart.
Once you reset CMOS, go to safe mode and uninstall RM. It doesn't work in safe mode so it can't get settings back.

Sep 13, 2019
Again we are splitting hair. I know what CMOS stand for, it's a hardware. BIOS is a firmware/software that we use to store data. It stands for Basic Input Output System.

Ok, I get it. You take the battery out to clear the CMOS.

Ok we're splitting hair here.

What do you call this smartass?
Just what would you call somebody that puts RAM frequency to impossible value if somebody will to help you is "smartass" ?
This "smart ass" would call it a screen displaying UEFI BIOS options. Push F5 to set it to factory defaults or push CMOS clear button on the MB if it has it or short contacts on CLR_CMOS also found on MB or take out battery for few seconds. In any case you have to clear CMOS to get to factory defaults.
There is no Splitting hairs here, changing anything in BIOS could end up with a bricked MB. CMOS you can always reset, BIOS not so easy and is possible to do.
Once you commit changes in RM it writes them to CMOS memory and starting RM with windows will also enact same changes. Safest way is to uninstall RM in safe mode (as it doesn't work at that mode).