Ryzen Memory Help

StreakDragon

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Hello! I just built a new Ryzen Machine yesterday I use my computer for a lot of production stuff and graphic design stuff so I opted to get the full load of 64GB of DDR4. This is wonderful when working on large magazines or large images. I do a lot of gaming as well though and my gaming performance is great but I'd like to see if I can eek out just a little more.

I bought this exact RAM: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233891

According to CPU-Z my DRAM Frequency is 1066.4MHz. That's a far cry from the 2666 I should be getting. I've never really overclocked RAM before, never really had a need to, though I have overclocked CPU's.

Currently I'm using an Aorus GA-AX370 K7 (rev 1) with the most Recent BIOS version (F3). I was wondering if anyone could help me with increasing the speed of my RAM.

Again I'm not having any actual issues I'm getting well over 100 FPS in BF1 maxed out, 200 FPS in overwatch maxed out over 200 FPS with the new Doom (running Vulcan). So the system is run buttery smooth so far. Again, though, I'd like to eek out as much as I can for gaming, production wise it's been PERFECT and handles my massive workload with 0 issues (as opposed to my old FX8350 running 32GB of DDR3).

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Solution
Well I got lucky, I was able to increase my DRAM Speed to 2666, the full speed of the RAM. I used the XMP Profile 1 built into the motherboard and bam, there it was. No issues at all!

3WXxenzh1EVas2bk6

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

1066 x 2 (DDR Double data rate) is 2133mhz is the true speed of your ram, filing all 4 slots and that much ram put a lot of strain on the memory controller, you can try and change the RAM speed to 2400mhz in the bios and see if it works, all you need to do like I said is change the speed, and set the voltage to 1.35v for RAM, if that works fine and posts and boots ok, try 2666mhz which is full speed for you.

StreakDragon

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Thanks a ton! I kind of thought it might have been putting too much strain on the memory controller but wasn't absolutely sure. I'll try that in my bios and see what I can get! Thanks again!

StreakDragon

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Thanks! I knew I was kind of gimping myself with so much RAM but I need it for my business more then I need it for gaming, so I opted for what will make my life easier with work! Hopefully I'll be able to get it clocked up to 2400 then and squeeze just a few more FPS out of things!

Thanks again!

StreakDragon

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Well I got lucky, I was able to increase my DRAM Speed to 2666, the full speed of the RAM. I used the XMP Profile 1 built into the motherboard and bam, there it was. No issues at all!

3WXxenzh1EVas2bk6

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Solution

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Thats amazing, you're one of the first ive heard able to do that with 4 sticks and maxed out RAM, congats. :bounce:

StreakDragon

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Thanks! I was actually a little shocked myself. I turned on the XMP profile, it showed the speed at 2666 and I rebooted. I half expected it to fail but it continued, loaded up Win 10 and I checked with CPU-Z which read it at the amount of 1333 and it's been stable ever since. I've played several games and I've tested it with a few large graphic design files of mine and no issues. I've seen improvements across the board with the increase, some more so then others.