Ryzen only posts with one of the two ram sticks

kiryugamer97

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I just built my new PC yesterday, and when I boot it with both ram sticks fans spin at maximum speed and it doesn't show any video output. I tried taking out stick 2, and with stick 1 it worked but with stick 2 alone it didn't work. I even switched their position and it still didn't work with stick 2. With stick 1 the fans would spin at full speed and after a couple of seconds they would slow down, and the gpu fan even stops.
My build is
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 Pro Carbon
MSI GTX 960 2gb
Corsair CMK8GX4M2B3000C15 (8gb 2x4gb CL15 3000Mhz)
The bios version is 7B00v16, the newest one. I think that stick 2 doesn't work, so I might have to get a refund but I know Ryzen isn't very good with RAM so I'm asking here if somebody may find an answer.
I tought I found what was wrong with it. because going from the middle to it's edge the pins get shorter on the RAM stick, but apparently that is normal.

Solution
There are threads on this very forum about that RAM being problematic with Ryzen, You are best off returning it and getting RAM from your motherboards QVL list or buying RAM that the RAM vendor says works with Ryzen.

Mark RM

Admirable
There are threads on this very forum about that RAM being problematic with Ryzen, You are best off returning it and getting RAM from your motherboards QVL list or buying RAM that the RAM vendor says works with Ryzen.

Solution