[SOLVED] Ryzen optimised memory

Shifty13

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2013
I bought some corsair Intel xmp certified memory a while back as I was originally going to be doing an intel build. But I changed my mind and bought ryzen 5900x. I forgot I had intel memory. My question is does it matter that If I use intel memory on a ryzen platform? Or will it will fine? Many thanks.

Solution
In short, there is no issue running Intel Optimized ram on an AMD platform. There may be slight differences in the secondary and tertiary timings saved on the SPD IC. That's about it. But should not cause any issue.
I bought some corsair Intel xmp certified memory a while back as I was originally going to be doing an intel build. But I changed my mind and bought ryzen 5900x. I forgot I had intel memory. My question is does it matter that If I use intel memory on a ryzen platform? Or will it will fine? Many thanks.
XMP was thought of by Intel, therefore " Intel xmp certified memory" but XMP is only set of rules for BIOS to follow to get best performance. All memory is made by SPD standards to be compatible everywhere. It's up to BIOS to take those XMP recommendations and even modify some settings for compatibility and performance.

feel free to choose a best answer to mark the thread as solved and so others searching for this issue can find a answer :)