[SOLVED] Ryzen Question

Jan 3, 2020
Okay, i updated my rig to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a prime B450-Plus board, the board hasn't arrived yet but i am afraid it won't run my Ryzen 3700x since it doesn't have the ryzen 3000 desktop ready sticker on the box, my question is can i use a Wraith Stealth cooler without thermal paste so i won't use up the stock thermal paste on my Wraith Prism cooler?

i will only turn it on to see if it is updated or not, just don't want to risk the processor by not using a cooler at all

Solution
i bought it from a retailer in marketplace, he sent me pictures of the box too, but he has no idea if it's updated or not since he only buys and sells, might seem weird but that's how things work over here in Colombia lol
If the sticker says Ryzen 2000 desktop ready then its clear dont even try to run the 3700X it will have an older bios. You should ask the store you buy the motherboard from if they can upgrade the motherboard for you with an older CPU.
Okay, i updated my rig to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a prime B450-Plus board, the board hasn't arrived yet but i am afraid it won't run my Ryzen 3700x since it doesn't have the ryzen 3000 desktop ready sticker on the box, my question is can i use a Wraith Stealth cooler without thermal paste so i won't use up the stock thermal paste on my Wraith Prism cooler?

i will only turn it on to see if it is updated or not, just don't want to risk the processor by not using a cooler at all
If the motherboard its not in your hands how you know that it does not have the sticker? If it has the Ryzen 2000 Desktop ready sticker then the motherboard wont have a compatible bios for a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

Jan 3, 2020
If the motherboard its not in your hands how you know that it does not have the sticker? If it has the Ryzen 2000 Desktop ready sticker then the motherboard wont have a compatible bios for a Ryzen 3000 CPU.
i bought it from a retailer in marketplace, he sent me pictures of the box too, but he has no idea if it's updated or not since he only buys and sells, might seem weird but that's how things work over here in Colombia lol

If the sticker says Ryzen 2000 desktop ready then its clear dont even try to run the 3700X it will have an older bios. You should ask the store you buy the motherboard from if they can upgrade the motherboard for you with an older CPU.

Solution
Jan 3, 2020
we'll it's on the way lol, will have too see, thanks for your answers

TRENDING THREADS