Question Ryzen R5 3600 heating issue

Alpha39401

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2015
I've just upgraded to R5 3600, everything seems fine except the full load temps with the stock cooler. My ambient temp is around 25°C but Ryzen Master shows that the full load temp is over 82°C (I tried reapplying thermal paste but the difference is marginal). My case is a Corsair Carbide Spec-01 with 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan. I'm considering to get a better cooler (something like a CM T20 or would it be too weak?) or should I be worried about this at all?

The first question i'd ask, is what are you using to stress the CPU. Load, and stressing are different. If it's 82c while gaming, then I'd be worried. If on the other hand you are running Prime/OCCT/Aida or something then hitting 82c might be okay (still on the high side for my liking).

Presumably you are not overclocking the CPU?

hitting 82c while stress testing with prime95 or aida64 isn't too bad. Even while gaming thats not too too bad, but warm.

If you want better temps buy a new cooler, I would go for something a little more robust than a T20. You can never go wrong with a hyper 212.

Reactions: Kachow420
Jul 31, 2019
hitting 82c while stress testing with prime95 or aida64 isn't too bad. Even while gaming thats not too too bad, but warm.

If you want better temps buy a new cooler, I would go for something a little more robust than a T20. You can never go wrong with a hyper 212.
i second this, a 212 will go a long way

Alpha39401

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2015
Thanks for the replies. I'm using FurMark's built in CPU burner to street my CPU. Temperature while gaming is not that worrying, it's a bit lower. I would like to reuse my previous PC's 212X but it does not have AM4 mounting bracket, and I couldn't get one either. I upgraded to a small tower type cooler and it's better now.

TRENDING THREADS