Ryzen Ram Ripjaws V

Apr 20, 2017
Ok so I know there is like a million threads about this topic but I am hoping someone can clarify for me and put my mind at ease.
Recently purchased a Ryzen 1700 coupled with gigabyte b350 gaming 3 mobo.
Since ram prices are crazy right now due to the mobile market taking precedent I decided on:
16GB DDR4 G.Skill F4-3000C15D-16GVRB (2x8G) 3000Mhz Ripjaws V RAM
I've read this ram is pretty solid and reliable but my concerns are:

1. Would this be compatible for my set up and run at 2966 or oc to 3200?

2. Does anyone currently have this in a Ryzen build and can they share their experiences... stability/clock speeds?

3. If this is not suitable now whats the possibility I'll be able to run it more efficiently later when new bios updates are released? If not what would you suggest in a similar price range?

I'm freaking out with all the slander online about Ryzen and it's ram compatibility and I wanna make sure the money I put into this build gets me the best performance it can output. Would hate to have not invested a little more cash and had 3000mhz ram that barely passes 2k... ugh

Thanks

Solution
Reviewers and YouTubers alike have all stated that one has to be patient with the RyZen platform since any and/or all subsequent BIOS updates will allow for higher spec'd rams to operate with the new AMD platform. As of this writing you can safely achieve 2666MHz and 2933MHz without any issues prvided you can source ram kits that use the Samsung B-die's. SK Hynix's A-die's have shown to give less favorable speeds but some good latencies.

You might find this article of benefit.

I apologize for not providing more links, I've read through too many links in the past about the AM4 platform that I'd need to dig them out extensively.

You could play it safe and pick out the G.Skill Flare X kit which is certified to...

Lutfij

Titan
Reviewers and YouTubers alike have all stated that one has to be patient with the RyZen platform since any and/or all subsequent BIOS updates will allow for higher spec'd rams to operate with the new AMD platform. As of this writing you can safely achieve 2666MHz and 2933MHz without any issues prvided you can source ram kits that use the Samsung B-die's. SK Hynix's A-die's have shown to give less favorable speeds but some good latencies.

You might find this article of benefit.

I apologize for not providing more links, I've read through too many links in the past about the AM4 platform that I'd need to dig them out extensively.

You could play it safe and pick out the G.Skill Flare X kit which is certified to work out of the box, provided you have the latest BIOS onboard, and you should be good to go.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS