Ryzen running at 3504MHz

hishque

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Hello. I recently found out the my CPU (Ryzen 1500X) has been running at either 3504 or 3503MHz, always different when i turn on my pc. This started happening when my cousin went on my pc and overclocked it to 3800Mhz, perfectly knowing I have the stock cooler and with little thermal paste on it. I just want to know if it's normal, as ever since then my pc has been running sluggish, even after upgrading to a 1070ti. Someone please tell me whether this is normal. Thank you.

Solution
Reset your motherboard to its default settings.The amount of thermal paste is not the prob unless its ALOT.Oh and tell your cousin to f..off.

sickaid

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
Reset your motherboard to its default settings.The amount of thermal paste is not the prob unless its ALOT.Oh and tell your cousin to f..off.

Solution

adris3ddev

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
@sickaid I bet you meant not enough, not a lot. Having a lot of thermal paste in most cases makes no difference, unless it's conductive and gets to some pins, wires, lanes or either is non-conductive, spills into socket and manages to tight into space between pin and it's slot, disconnecting them. And both cases are indeed rare...