Ryzen Streaming Problem

TheeUberMedic

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hey there!

So I've been having issues with streaming on both OBS and XSplit. My FPS constantly decreases while in-gaming and streaming. It doesn't decrease all at once. It decreases overtime. Like, for the first few minutes its fine and I have no frame drops, but after a solid 10-30 min I'm dropping from like 140 to 60fps in Overwatch.

I know Ryzen should be able to handle streaming and playing Overwatch without that much frame loss, and I've tried everything and to no avail can seem to figure out why I can't get a steady high frame rate while in game. I know what your thinking, 60 fps is fine. Sure, but I'm use to 120-154, so when it drops down to 60fps its unplayable.

I've seen videos of people streaming Overwatch on Ryzen and they get little to no framedrop.

This is my current system:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 OCed to 3.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire Cooler
Memory: G.SKILL Flare X 3200MHz (Downclocked to 2400MHz because I can't go higher)
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme OC'd to 2050MHz
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Smart Zero Fan

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

As for my streaming settings, I use a x264 video encoder, which should be fine. I've also tried the hardware encorder, which didn't help at all. 16GB should enough RAM to stream and Ryzen was built to stream, so from a hardware standpoint, I shouldn't be having any problems.

Let me know what you all think and see if I can fix it.

Thanks!
- Joshua

NaiS

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
I have the exact same issue as you, and i have almost exactly same hardware as you so i dont know why im getting fps drops over a period of time and same thing also happens while just gaming and not streaming on obs. This is my hardware

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.9GHz
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB
Liquid Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110i Extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHz
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming PRO CARBON
SSD: Kiongston SSDNow 240GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master G650M 650W
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (RED)