Question Ryzen stuttering?

Dec 14, 2019
Hello,
I was playing Fortnite and sometimes i got some random fps drops like i got in Fortnite 90-120 fps and its sometimes drops to 40fps
i tried HPET Turning off and on and it doesnt helped me, i tried everything and nothing helped me.
My pc specs:
GTX 660 TI
Ryzen 3 3200G
1x8 RAM DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD 256GB PATRIOT BURST

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What version of the nvidia drivers are you using?

Also whats your Fornite graphic setup (resolution, detail level, etc.)?

Are you only runing Fornite when playing, or you have other software on the background (streaming, monitoring tools, etc.)?

Dec 14, 2019
In Fortnite when im in "Waiting for players" Its has a lot of crazy stuttering when i moving mouse, CPU has 100% usage but when i land i have random stuttering.
I think its the cpu, i was watching the dual channel RAM and its helped but not really and in Fortnite its still have a lot of stuttering.Its happens even in the League of Legends its can stutter but only like one time and later its can stutter again.

With a 4 core cpu, with a single stick of memory, and using a relatively old gpu...you simply don't have the system power with that setup to run Spotify and Discord while gaming.

To multitask like you're doing you really need more cpu power than 4 cores can provide, you need 2 sticks of memory running in dual channel mode as intended, and a newer gpu.

If you don't have the funds for upgrades your only real choice to reduce stuttering is to limit whats running while gaming, meaning no Spotify and possibly no Discord, as well as reducing your graphics settings in game to ease the load on your gpu.

TRENDING THREADS