Hi Guys, I have recently got new Rig
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x
Msi Creator Strx40
128GB Ecc Kingston Premiere Memory
WD Black Nvme Ssd gen4
Antec PSU 1000W Gold
Msi TRIO Nvidia GTX 2070 Super
Pc CASE MSI Sekira 500x

For Cooling Initally u had installed NZXT KRAKEN X72 but it didnt gave proper cooling since i do lot of 3d rendering the temp in nzxt when from idle 55 degrees to in full load 92 degrees

i gave a second option to Corsair H150I PRO which im currently using but still not proper

i know there is very less cooler available to cover full surface of Threadripper can u help me to get proper one this time

planning to get BEQUIET DARK PRO TR4
OR
ENERMAX LIQUID 360 tr4 ||

Hi Guys, I have recently got new Rig
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x
Msi Creator Strx40
128GB Ecc Kingston Premiere Memory
WD Black Nvme Ssd gen4
Antec PSU 1000W Gold
Msi TRIO Nvidia GTX 2070 Super
Pc CASE MSI Sekira 500x

For Cooling Initally u had installed NZXT KRAKEN X72 but it didnt gave proper cooling since i do lot of 3d rendering the temp in nzxt when from idle 55 degrees to in full load 92 degrees

i gave a second option to Corsair H150I PRO which im currently using but still not proper

i know there is very less cooler available to cover full surface of Threadripper can u help me to get proper one this time

planning to get BEQUIET DARK PRO TR4
OR
ENERMAX LIQUID 360 tr4 ||
Just a thought.....
Being two coolers haven't gotten it cool enough......maybe it's too hot inside the case.
I would try running with the case open and see if the temps drop a lot and if they do you might be better off adding case cooling.

Reactions: Rythread9x
I would also like to know about your radiator placement? If you are exhausting through the top, the 2070S will generate a lot of heat which is then passing through the radiator at the top. Essentially dumping it into the CPU. (Edit: misread Xtrio as being 3x gpus initially, it's just branding, my bad)

If your rad is intake mounted, then I'd question the airflow. It looks like there is metal and glass over the front (based on 15 sec google search) not conducive to good airflow through the rad. Is that glass on the top too? I don't mean to offend you, just MSI, but that is a terrible case for airflow if I am seeing it right. You might consider a different case.

Reactions: Rythread9x

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Airflow / Fan / Cooling / Overheating - How to test, steps to resolve

This could be caused by a few different things, please don't automatically assume 'the cooler is not working' without also checking if the case airflow is sufficient.

Remove the side panel of the PC case. Orient a house fan (desk or box style fan) to blow air into the case, directly over components at the highest setting.

This will represent a case with the best possible airflow possible. For reference, the fans I am providing as examples would look like the items below (just to clarify for anyone who might want reference)

nI6vx5v.jpg
2GBempv.jpg

Re-test as you have normally done - play games, run benchmarks, etc. to get to where temperatures were normally seen to be higher than they should. Normal room temperature is usually between 20-24C or 68-75F. Please note that every air or liquid cooler operates as a product of delta-T over ambient, meaning that if the PC is operational (simply turned on), it is impossible for the CPU to display a temperature below ambient room temperatures. If it is, this is likely a bug in software temperature reporting either from the desktop UI or the BIOS reading it incorrectly.

With the fan running at full speed, if temperatures drop by 5-7C or more, case airflow is one major issue to contend with. You will need additional fans or better fans for your setup in order to optimize air in and out of the chassis. This might even require consideration for a new PC case or leaving the side panel partially open during sessions of heavier computing until these items are corrected.

If your temperatures remain relatively the same (difference less than 1-2C), then you likely have an issue with the cooler in question (if CPU is hot, CPU cooler, if GPU is hot, GPU cooler). It would be good to then approach the next steps by thoroughly cleaning the cooler with compressed or canned air and ensuring there are not large blockages in cooling fins or on fans, etc. This might require the cooling fans to be removed from the heatsink or radiator to ensure there is not a buildup of pet hair, dust or even carpet fibers which can trap additional debris. Please ensure the PC is turned off and unplugged during this process to prevent unwanted startup to keep fingers safe from fan blades or accidental shorting if you happen to drop a screw onto other components during fan removal.

Removal of the cooler and re-application of thermal paste & re-seating the cooler can also be beneficial once cleaning of the cooler is ruled out by retesting the steps above.

Rythread9x

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
I would also like to know about your radiator placement? If you are exhausting through the top, the 2070S will generate a lot of heat which is then passing through the radiator at the top. Essentially dumping it into the CPU. (Edit: misread Xtrio as being 3x gpus initially, it's just branding, my bad)

If your rad is intake mounted, then I'd question the airflow. It looks like there is metal and glass over the front (based on 15 sec google search) not conducive to good airflow through the rad. Is that glass on the top too? I don't mean to offend you, just MSI, but that is a terrible case for airflow if I am seeing it right. You might consider a different case.
So which case according to you would good ?? any sugestion

Right now I have a full LC loop in a Corsair 750D, which is frankly not the best for air flow unless you do bottom to top airflow, which also isn't great as you'll be cleaning that bottom filter all the time or it'll sink into carpet and choke. But they do make the 750D airflow edition which addresses the lack of intake ports on the front. I'm also partial to the Corsair carbide AIR 540D. It's all mesh, very open design. It's a different form factor, which many don't like. I honestly haven't played around with a lot of cases, it's too expensive. Generally anything that avoids glass and features more mesh is the way to go for maximizing airflow. You might want to check out Gamers Nexus for case reviews. They are pretty harsh on cases that don't have good airflow. They are pretty harsh on cases in general. I posted some links below of some cases that "should" have decent airflow. I haven't reviewed or owned any of the cases.

https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-meshify-c-tg-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352084
https://www.newegg.com/black-phanteks-enthoo-pro-atx-full-tower/p/N82E16811854003
https://www.newegg.com/black-corsair-obsidian-series-atx-full-tower/p/N82E16811139060
https://www.newegg.com/black-corsai...air_540-_-11-139-022-_-Product&quicklink=true

Rythread9x

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
Just a thought.....
Being two coolers haven't gotten it cool enough......maybe it's too hot inside the case.
I would try running with the case open and see if the temps drop a lot and if they do you might be better off adding case cooling.
Indeed the opened side panel give 2 Degrees drop since all sides of the case is having glass one side panel need to be open for the heat to move out of the case

TRENDING THREADS