Question Ryzen Vega iGPU not detected after latest BIOS update

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
Hi everyone, back again on here because of ryzen stuff. I recently updated the BIOS to the latest version for my motherboard (Aorus x370 K7) , and now my iGPU is not being detected. I tried forcing it to be used in the BIOS settings, I did look for drivers, so I'm don't know what to do next. I did try to see if maybe it's not compatible but I found no results; on Gigabyte's site it says the BIOS update is not compatible with bristol ridge APU's not raven ridge. Can anyone help me figure out what stupid thing I did?

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
I don't sadly, I use or at least used the integrated graphics . Also ,looking at the motherboard I see a code for an error (memory initialization error) , code is 55. Did I [language]up?

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
CPU: Ryzen 2400g
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB 2993Mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus x370 K7
iGPU: Vega 11
That would be it, boot drives are fine. I have only 1 stick of ram that is the problem. I did try to load with both the defaults and my own settings, no difference

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
I did use the default settings for everything my guy and I can load into BIOS. I may be a novice but I am not stupid (actually as you will see, I might be very stupid), thing is I think I realised my mistake only now, it might be because of an outdated chipsed driver or simply the BIOS update I made is not stable/aimed at my CPU. I will try to update all drivers just in case, if not I i get an older version. In case that fails too, I made a backup of the original BIOS before updating, though I would like to get the most ouf ot stability updates, will keep you updated

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
Also I read about the error I get and it should be either the RAM or the CPU might have bent pins, though I am 100% sure the CPU is fine since I didn't swap/dissasemble the cooler so I didn't even touch it. The memory is what scares me , the fact it might be broken

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
No the issue is not that. I can run windows and everything fine but i's like my GPU does not exist, it's not detected, at all. I tried all of what is written above and nothing so far. I got 2 SSDs , one NVME that is also the boot drive, and also another for game storage. I might try safe mode if everyhting I said fails.

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
I did, the error code still shows up though, but at least my GPU is finally detected. It was about the driver update, also temps are relatively good . Should I worry about the error code from the motherboard display as long as everything is fine?
Edit: I should now go into bios and apply my normal settings, if they work, any tips for, well , this not happening again?

Jul 26, 2018
Best answers
After trying a couple restarts for different settings I can see that sometimes it just won't start until I clear the CMOS , I will upgrade to something more stable right now, not gonna wait like this with the risk of damaging my system more for that next BIOS update

DMAN999

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
Best answers
^ Yes I too would revert back to whichever BIOS is most stable for your exact setup.
I still use a BIOS that is 2 revisions old because the newer versions for my MB have been stated to cause problems with RAM OC stability and have cold boot issues.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS