Question Ryzen Vega iGPU not detected after latest BIOS update

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
Hi everyone, back again on here because of ryzen stuff. I recently updated the BIOS to the latest version for my motherboard (Aorus x370 K7) , and now my iGPU is not being detected. I tried forcing it to be used in the BIOS settings, I did look for drivers, so I'm don't know what to do next. I did try to see if maybe it's not compatible but I found no results; on Gigabyte's site it says the BIOS update is not compatible with bristol ridge APU's not raven ridge. Can anyone help me figure out what stupid thing I did?

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
I don't sadly, I use or at least used the integrated graphics . Also ,looking at the motherboard I see a code for an error (memory initialization error) , code is 55. Did I [language]up?

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 2400g
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB 2993Mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus x370 K7
iGPU: Vega 11
That would be it, boot drives are fine. I have only 1 stick of ram that is the problem. I did try to load with both the defaults and my own settings, no difference

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
I did use the default settings for everything my guy and I can load into BIOS. I may be a novice but I am not stupid (actually as you will see, I might be very stupid), thing is I think I realised my mistake only now, it might be because of an outdated chipsed driver or simply the BIOS update I made is not stable/aimed at my CPU. I will try to update all drivers just in case, if not I i get an older version. In case that fails too, I made a backup of the original BIOS before updating, though I would like to get the most ouf ot stability updates, will keep you updated

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
Also I read about the error I get and it should be either the RAM or the CPU might have bent pins, though I am 100% sure the CPU is fine since I didn't swap/dissasemble the cooler so I didn't even touch it. The memory is what scares me , the fact it might be broken

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
No the issue is not that. I can run windows and everything fine but i's like my GPU does not exist, it's not detected, at all. I tried all of what is written above and nothing so far. I got 2 SSDs , one NVME that is also the boot drive, and also another for game storage. I might try safe mode if everyhting I said fails.

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
I did, the error code still shows up though, but at least my GPU is finally detected. It was about the driver update, also temps are relatively good . Should I worry about the error code from the motherboard display as long as everything is fine?
Edit: I should now go into bios and apply my normal settings, if they work, any tips for, well , this not happening again?

mandache.eduard48

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
After trying a couple restarts for different settings I can see that sometimes it just won't start until I clear the CMOS , I will upgrade to something more stable right now, not gonna wait like this with the risk of damaging my system more for that next BIOS update

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
^ Yes I too would revert back to whichever BIOS is most stable for your exact setup.
I still use a BIOS that is 2 revisions old because the newer versions for my MB have been stated to cause problems with RAM OC stability and have cold boot issues.