Ryzen vega - Not enough resources

csibson3

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I know it's been asked a million times, but nothing I find about this issue has fixed it.
I just got the Ryzen 3 2200g with vega 8 apu, the motherboard / bios was updated ( asus prime a320m-k ) to Version 3803, which as far as I can tell is the latest version available.
Now i still can't seem to use the vega graphics what so ever, it's telling me:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Yet it is the only device available to use, windows is still attempting to update past 1709 and slugging it out slowly ... hopefully the 6th attempt at updating works.

Is there anything else I can possibly try, perhaps any bios setups i could try, I changed the primary video to igfx instead of pcie, but that did nothing at all it seems, I'm not as technically minded as i once was.

Any help would be grand, i really want to get this sorted tonight !!

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with Vega 8 graphics
Asus prime a320m-k
8 gig ( 2x4 ) 3000hz ram ( Corsair )

The only thing that comes to mind without digging deeper into problem, is that iGPU needs some of RAM to be reserved for its use. This is done in BIOS, where you usually can set the amount you want to use. Perhaps it's set too small, or disabled at all (although I don't think that is possible but who knows).

csibson3

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I shall give it a go and see if I can find an option to alter that, I have yet to see an option for this though, i shall check again though, currently at 87% of updating windows ... been 2 hours now.

csibson3

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
All working now, I guess it was just windows needed to manage the last update, 6th try worked !
I hope they find some way to give us updates without it taking over an entire day to download, it's insane.
Thanks for the help guys.

Jul 17, 2018