Question Ryzen voltage readings inaccurate?

Feb 8, 2019
I was looking at buildzoids ryzen oc guide and on his gigabyte mobo +0.204 dynamic vcore gave him 1.44v but when I use his exact settings everything (bios/hwinfo/cpuz) all read my vcore at like 1.565v what is the issue here am I missing something ?

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
There is no load on the cpu at bios, and there are multiple points that voltage is read going into the cpu before the cpu die. The best way to overclock is incremental increase. Not all silicon is the same for overclocks.

Should I go by vcore or svi2tfn In hwinfo64? I didn’t ask how to oc I asked about voltage readings.
Yes, that's the voltage reading at time of measurement you should go by. Keep in mind that it's a highest reading for at least one core at that time, not necessarily all of them, for all you could know it could be for only one (most loaded) core. Even if relatively high it may be only a transient voltage and main concern is the Average value, same goes for temperatures.
If all is left on auto (no OC or permanent settings) that can wary quite a bit because of XFR and PBO. Other values to look for is Wattage, per core and Package. Even if 100% on all cores is indicated, not all programs and even benchmarks would produce highest wattage reading and Wattage is the value that produces heat.