Question Ryzen2700x system with Zotac GTX1080 is recently crashing and shuting down at random times. Can not reboot until reseting the power unit at the back.

Sep 11, 2019
Hey all, I'm at a loss. I'm in my last 4 weeks of my 3D design and animation course and my computer has decided it doesnt want to help me out.

Hardware:
Asus Prime x470-Pro
Ryzen 7 2700x
Zotac GTX 1080 APM Extreme
x2 TridentZ F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX (left at default timings, no dcop set up yet)
Samsung 970 EVO
Cooler Master MWE 750W, 80+ Gold

Overall summary:
Basicaly the computer will shut down on me at random times. Hard shut down, no waiting, no nothing, just a soft click from one of the hardware components and then off. The power button does not work during this time. I have to manualy flick the switch at the back, wait for power to be drained, then turn it back on.

The first time this happened to me I was using my Wacom Cintiq drawing tablet, the second time also. then, it begun doing it randomly under little usage of any components, trasnfering files, browsing the web etc.
The next couple days I dealt with it, just it do its thing and kept going. Sometimes it would shut down, i'd boot it up and then 5 seconds after logging in it would go kaput on me again. This is very tedious.

Up until yesterday I couldnt reproduce the problem, it only happened randomly. Until I decided to boot up Cinema 4D and start rendering an animation i've been working on for the past 5 months. I am using Redshift for Cinema 4D alongside my "Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extreme". About 10 frames into the render process it shut down. So I tried again, and again and Rendering seems to kill it.

What I have done:
Not a lot, I dont have a heap of knowledge. I have reinstalled a clean version of windows. wiped my ssd during installation.
Updated bios
Taken apart entire pc, orignaly just pulled PSU plugs out and placed them in again, hoping that stupid attempt would actualy do something
Then I took everything out, cleaned and reapplied thermal paste, reseated everything that could be, and did some nice cable management to make sure nothing is shorting at random behind the case even though highly unlikely.

My thoughs up until now:
I originaly thought it was the PSU. But every single time this has happened the aura sync lights on the motherboard stayed on, and the power led on the GPU stayed green. So it's still getting power.
Then thought it could be software, but after doing a fresh windows install still the same.
Then I thought could be a faulty motherboard, but I've had this since january of this year and not a single hiccup so why all of a sudden?
Same goes for the CPU, it's been blazing fast and still is? I did an Asus realbench test which tested all aspects and it didnt crash during that.
Temps seem fine, legit havent seen anything above 60 degrees celcius but only because once I render with C4D it crashes so I guess I cant test the temps then.

I was ready to buy a new PSU because I can afford it, but a new CPU or Motherboard not so much. Again as I started this post, I have 4 weeks left of my animation course so I can't really afford to send my pc away to wait 2-4 weeks just to hear back on something I dont know how much will cost. Any help is appreciated,
Tell me to test anything and tell me how specificaly how to do it, if it means doing more stress tests or anything let me know, also if theres a way I could find any crash logs to find whats up that'd be appreciated. I did look at windows inbuilt one and it just said "hardware failure" and no more info was given.

Last edited: