[SOLVED] Ryzen5 1600 core voltage.

V4ever

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
Hello, so i overlocked my Ryzen 1600 to 3.8ghz at 1.3v, ran AIDA 64 extreme twice for a 1 hour, and it was pretty good. no crashes temps was around 67-68c ~ , but now i changed vcore to auto and hwmonitor shows a bit higher vcore like 1.32 and temps are bit higher, should i stay on manual 1.3v or should i leave vcore on auto and stop messing around ?! thanks for advice.

Solution
Mine with auto vcore is 1.262V on load and 1.313V on idle, but im wondering is it better to set to manual of 1.3v to stay on idle and under load, by the way cpu boost is turned off in bios.
The problem with leaving a fixed voltage is if it starts boosting, 1.3V may not be enough to reach maximum boost clocks. If it's not enough, then the computer will essentially crash. Or at least that's what happened when I was mucking around with my Ryzen 2700X.
Hello, so i overlocked my Ryzen 1600 to 3.8ghz at 1.3v, ran AIDA 64 extreme twice for a 1 hour, and it was pretty good. no crashes temps was around 67-68c ~ , but now i changed vcore to auto and hwmonitor shows a bit higher vcore like 1.32 and temps are bit higher, should i stay on manual 1.3v or should i leave vcore on auto and stop messing around ?! thanks for advice.
Leave it on auto, 1.32v is nowhere close to too high. 1st gen Ryzen is good for 1.5v

Reactions: V4ever

V4ever

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
Mine with auto vcore is 1.262V on load and 1.313V on idle, but im wondering is it better to set to manual of 1.3v to stay on idle and under load, by the way cpu boost is turned off in bios.

The problem with leaving a fixed voltage is if it starts boosting, 1.3V may not be enough to reach maximum boost clocks. If it's not enough, then the computer will essentially crash. Or at least that's what happened when I was mucking around with my Ryzen 2700X.

Solution