[SOLVED] Ryzen5 3400g for A320m mobo?

Oct 12, 2019
Hello, is AMD Ryzen 5 3400G compatible for my Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2 motherboard?

or should i go for 1050/1050ti GPU instead of upgrading my APU?

here's my current specs:
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-A320M-DS2
Processor : AMD A8-9600
RAM : 2x8 2400mhz
GPU : none
480 GB SSD
600W CM lite

Thank you all for your assistance...
Have a good day :)

Solution
Yes, it is compatible if you have at least BIOS version F40b installed. You will first need to update to BIOS version F31 if you have not already, before updating to BIOS version F40b however. Upgrading to the 3400G and using the integrated graphics, for now at least, is probably a better option than keeping that weak A8 and installing a GTX 1050 because you are going to be SEVERELY CPU limited no matter what dedicated gaming card you install so long as you have that CPU. Plus, the 3400G has pretty decent integrated graphics if you are gaming at 1080p or lower resolution and don't expect unrealistic quality settings. Low or for some games even medium to a high combination of medium and high settings if the game is light enough, should...
Yes, it is compatible if you have at least BIOS version F40b installed. You will first need to update to BIOS version F31 if you have not already, before updating to BIOS version F40b however. Upgrading to the 3400G and using the integrated graphics, for now at least, is probably a better option than keeping that weak A8 and installing a GTX 1050 because you are going to be SEVERELY CPU limited no matter what dedicated gaming card you install so long as you have that CPU. Plus, the 3400G has pretty decent integrated graphics if you are gaming at 1080p or lower resolution and don't expect unrealistic quality settings. Low or for some games even medium to a high combination of medium and high settings if the game is light enough, should be entirely possible. Then, you can always add a graphics card later and actually see some benefit from it.

Reactions: raelv5
Solution
Oct 12, 2019
Yes, it is compatible if you have at least BIOS version F40b installed. You will first need to update to BIOS version F31 if you have not already, before updating to BIOS version F40b however. Upgrading to the 3400G and using the integrated graphics, for now at least, is probably a better option than keeping that weak A8 and installing a GTX 1050 because you are going to be SEVERELY CPU limited no matter what dedicated gaming card you install so long as you have that CPU. Plus, the 3400G has pretty decent integrated graphics if you are gaming at 1080p or lower resolution and don't expect unrealistic quality settings. Low or for some games even medium to a high combination of medium and high settings if the game is light enough, should be entirely possible. Then, you can always add a graphics card later and actually see some benefit from it.
thank you, i really appreciate your reply..

TRENDING THREADS