[SOLVED] Ryzen5 3600 Stable overclock ?

Solution
If you have a 60hz monitor and get 60 fps in all your games then dont overclock instead undervolt and maybe underclock (cpu), if you have a high refresh rate monitor and you dont reach its max refresh rate then overclock it till the cpu hits 90c and max overclock the gpu as well, oc is pointless if you have 60hz monitor and your games will usually run at 60 fps, better save your power bill instead xD

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
I would let the BIOS do its thing as a OC on that CPU is going to cause instability at result of 5 more fps not worth it. It is a mighty CPU and I suggest you set BIOS to optimized defaults and make sure you have D.O.C.P enabled. That is a good 1080p @ 60fps AAA machine.✝

Reactions: kurdtnz

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry I thought you had a AMD. did you leave if I can't even do it unless you change the speed of having an abortion manually after you have tried that and you can't get that speed then I will suggest rising the world is just a sad bit on the right side I'm trying again I still doesn't work that I should try updating the BIOS for your motherboard to the latest one
AMD boards also call it XMP, DOCP is Asus

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
Anyone knows stable overclock for r5 3600 ?
My specs: r5 3600
Asrock B450 steel series
DDR4 16gb 3200
GTX 1660Ti

I've set a mild overclock of 4.2ghz on all cores at 1.125v fully stable. It maintains these clocks and voltages under torture testing. Respectable temperatures too. Under stock settings, temperatures go mental even in idle, and core clocks don't hit 4.2ghz under load.

I definitely recommend a manual OC

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
If you have a 60hz monitor and get 60 fps in all your games then dont overclock instead undervolt and maybe underclock (cpu), if you have a high refresh rate monitor and you dont reach its max refresh rate then overclock it till the cpu hits 90c and max overclock the gpu as well, oc is pointless if you have 60hz monitor and your games will usually run at 60 fps, better save your power bill instead xD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS