Question Ryzen7 2700 with GA AB350 can't get anymore voltage

Dec 22, 2019
Hey guys this is my first time posting, and normally I just search for help, but I can't find it. I'm having this really weird issue after upgrading from my Ryzen 5 1600 to a new Ryzen 7 2700 I got on Monday. I've been at it since then trying to figure out this overclocking situation. I'm trying to get stable at 4.0ghz with bios but its just not having it. The only way I can get it even close to being stable is by setting vcore to +0.300. Ive been looking at the voltages and it seems like I need another +0.012 to get it stable at 4.0, but there's no way to do it because it caps +0.300.

I tried Ryzen Master with vcore set to 1.31875 and it was stable. Ran prime95 for over 18 hours, no crashes, no hiccups. Well I did the math from the voltage/hwinfo with +0.300 set in bios and it just happens to be off by exactly +0.012. Which either means I'm better at math than I thought or just lucky... lol

I know I don't know what I'm doing, but after looking at the math, it makes sense. At stock the voltage reaches fluctuate to 1.404, but even if I set it at +0.076, the highest I'm getting is around 1.008v, in order to get it to 1.25 I have to go to 200s or higher.

Am I pushing the limits too far? Or should I even be able to reach 4.0 on this ab350?

I'm probably going to end up getting a new board, but I'm more or less curious why I'm getting these results.