M not overclocking my pc

My specs are
CPU r7 3700x at 1.45 v
MOBO TUF B450 GAMING PLUS
GPU 2060 SUPER 8G
RAM 16 GO ( 2x8 2666 MHz)

M New in pc and that is why m asking
Thanks for your advices
What software are you using to determine temps?

May 30, 2020
Hello everybody

I ve just wanted to know if my temps in my CPU ryzen7 3700x are normal or not
Idle temps 40°
While gaming it jumps to 70°c in games like RB6 AC odessey or warzone
M not overclocking my pc

My specs are
CPU r7 3700x at 1.45 v
MOBO TUF B450 GAMING PLUS
GPU 2060 SUPER 8G
RAM 16 GO ( 2x8 2666 MHz)

M New in pc and that is why m asking
Thanks for your advices

Hello!

At first - check your temps with RyzenMaster. If you are doing it just after computer boot, wait 2 minutes, it looks like just after PC launch Ryzens need a little time to calm.

Which Windows Power Plan are you using? I recommend the following plan, it reduces temperatures in IDLE very well and doesnt affect overall performance: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/attachments/sz_ryzbal_v4-zip.915909/.

Besides that, to reduce stress temperatures you can add some negative voltage offset (i set in my 3900X 0.07V, sometimes sweet spot is around 0.1V) and turn off PBO in bios. It should help :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your temps are perfectly normal for a Ryzen. Ryzen Balanced plan and Windows balanced power plan are virtually the same thing, amd worked in conjuction with Microsoft to equalize the plans as prior there were some differences and not everyone has any use for Ryzen Master.

Jun 27, 2020
Hello!

At first - check your temps with RyzenMaster. If you are doing it just after computer boot, wait 2 minutes, it looks like just after PC launch Ryzens need a little time to calm.

Which Windows Power Plan are you using? I recommend the following plan, it reduces temperatures in IDLE very well and doesnt affect overall performance: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/attachments/sz_ryzbal_v4-zip.915909/.

Besides that, to reduce stress temperatures you can add some negative voltage offset (i set in my 3900X 0.07V, sometimes sweet spot is around 0.1V) and turn off PBO in bios. It should help :)
Thank you and i will try it now

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020
Hello!

How do i reduce my voltage ... If you can help me by a link or steps
Thanks a lot

Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for that..but if i lock down the voltage without overclocking did that damage my machine ?
I meant to say clock down I don't think it'll cause damage this worked very well for me 1.45 volts at stock is just high he explains it all in the vid I set my to what he talks about at the 3 min into the video he goes over what stock voltage should be and a few other settings

Reactions: JOMNI7AMINE
Jun 27, 2020
I meant to say clock down I don't think it'll cause damage this worked very well for me 1.45 volts at stock is just high he explains it all in the vid I set my to what he talks about at the 3 min into the video he goes over what stock voltage should be and a few other settings
Thanks bro ...m going to do it now

Jun 27, 2020
Also I did not set my ram to what he talks about I just used the docp standard
And that is what m talking about ...if i clock down only vddr voltage and leting the others in standards nothing will be damaged ...cuz i ve change the voltage to 1.35 v and worked well ..temps are stable and at almost 60°c while other settings are in default configs

Jun 27, 2020
And that is what m talking about ...if i clock down only vddr voltage and leting the others in standards nothing will be damaged ...cuz i ve change the voltage to 1.35 v and worked well ..temps are stable and at almost 60°c while other settings are in default configs
[/QUOTEi
I really don't think so I've had mine set like the video suggested i hit 62 while playing modern warfare on ultra after the vid I idled at 45 and hit about 62 while gaming on a stock wraith spire cooler before the vid was more like 60 idle and 85 while gaming that was rough

Reactions: JOMNI7AMINE
Jun 27, 2020
Okay bro ..thanks a lot m going to let it like what it shown in the video
So the last question did the aircooling matter ?
I use game max 500 rgb should i change it ?
Honestly you'll get better temps on a aio or custom loop but if your not over clocking air is fine if you come up with anymore question lmk also make sure you have the latest chipset driver from https://www.amd.com/en/support where it says graphics change it to chipset