Question Ryzen7 5800x WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

OilPirate

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Hello, about a month ago I purchased a Ryzen 7 5800x to upgrade my computer, ever since I have upgraded, I have had to cap my voltage to 1.2V on BIOs so that my computer does not crash when playing games, it does not let me use the auto settings that the chip has came with and can't use it to its full potential. I have checked for a number of such as overheating (which it is not) and updating chipset drivers but nothing has seemed to have worked. Was wondering if anyone could help me find solution to this problem as I would like to use the most of the cpu I payed decent money for. If anyone requires information about pc to help resolve the situation I am happy to answer
Pc Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: MSI AMD B550 MPG GAMING PLUS
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengance 8gb 3600MHZ RGB
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti 8GB
PSU: 650W CORSAIR

It's impossible to pinpoint the reason why this happens to you, from distance. We can only give hints and suggestions, which are very general. At the end, it's possible you have some hardware issue, i.e. PSU. Yes, Corsair 650W.. but which one? CV series is quite poor performer.. it's not about wattage, is more about quality & stability.
And then, there are so many things we don't even consider when we look after solution. Like this:
THIS
-who would think, that the tool used to show hardware situation, would actually be a reason for the trouble.

Nobody knows what stuff is running on your PC and what settings are used, so the only solution is: start from scratch (because "uninstall" doesn't always means what we think it does):
-set BIOS to default,
-fresh Windows install,
-install only chipset and graphic drivers (no other "tools & features"),
-play the game (doesn't matter if performance isn't the best),
If you still get error, I would assume either hardware trouble or bad cooling.