[SOLVED] rzyen 5 3600 running hot

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
just built a new system: 2060, ryzen 3600, 16gb ram
So anyways i saw temps are up on ryzen but im having a lil too much, while running apex legends temp are 80C and was more up till i pushed the fan on a more steep curve.
CPU usage is 11% and i have the stock cooler
95 should be the max and im on 80 with 11% usage
wtf

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Normal. These cpus literally like to run to 80C; they boost all active thread frequencies up to that point and stop boosting.

If you want it to be lower, you have to invest in a beefy enough cooler that exceeds the limit of it's boost algorithm, aka, you have to go overkill.

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
Normal. These cpus literally like to run to 80C; they boost all active thread frequencies up to that point and stop boosting.

If you want it to be lower, you have to invest in a beefy enough cooler that exceeds the limit of it's boost algorithm, aka, you have to go overkill.
so if i run it whole day at 90 thats ok for real??
idk what would happen if i was using it at 100% ?

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
PBO enabled?
Power plan isn't on balanced?
omg i saw similar things but couldnt find it in bios, but in mbo app i now put it in power saving and its on 2.19... aaah thank you.
even though i would bet i tried that

edit: just why doesnt standard mode adjust normally but spike to max, what is preformance mode then.....

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Because the motherboard vendors sneakily tweak the stock bios on some of their boards to squeeze extra performance out of it to make their products look better.
It's all in their competition to one-up each other, but the end user gets screwed, and it makes AMD and Intel look bad; they set guidelines to how their cpus should run at stock, but it's up to the manufacturers to actually adhere to those guidelines, which they don't always do.